About Linescrew1 and the RTR.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
speedhighway46 said:
If RTR gets too large and commercial; overly organized; then the purists who gave it life will move on to their next big thing. This will leave the followers and the over-organizers left to bask in their success of what no longer exists.

This is the natural evolution of order and control. No big deal.

Just my opinion . . .

As for the conflict that is trying to infiltrate an otherwise calm and reflective leadership and put fences, governance and charges around it, pooey to that. Yep, let them play in their own "sandbox." Those who truly advocate for freedom will just move on.

This same scenario I'm seeing play out on youtube but with the income makers. They are imprisoning themselves inside youtube's income demands, not realizing they are giving up tons of freedom. The shameless clickbait is a real giveaway and it's so sad, but it too follows your theory of the "natural evolution of order and control."  It's "no big deal" as long as one is aware of what is happening and can detach as needed.

DebraOak said:
Thank you for the context, Ruducto. Context is important!

LOL.  Now I understand.  It's no big deal that someone "suggests" that big government invades the RTR.  In fact, the idea sounds ridiculous for what it is.  Think about it, so we want protections and supervision from entities so we can do our freedom thing?  It sounds like a joke.  So it's his opinion, so what?  It's just an opinion.  I should go see his youtube and see it because WAY TOO MANY see what is obviously a joke as serious.  People have totally lost their sense of humor these days.   I mean, he's just a guy with one opinion, the same number each of us is allowed. 

No wonder Seinfeld retired because people don't appreciate humor any more.

Dang.

I saw this thread and immediately thought it was about Linescrew1's YouTube attack on Carolyn last week. YouTube threw it in my feed because I follow Carolyn so I watched it. Then I read a lot of the comments. His commenters are gutter scum with no clue about reality. Really.... JUST an opinion?? Like my 96-yr-old dad says: HORSE PUCKY.

Linescrew1 is a jerk, a sensationalist, an opportunist and he's full of crap. I do NOT think he is funny or witty AT ALL. Wasanah if you listened to that video and read the comments I wonder if you would still hold him in high esteem. He was definitely gunning for fame and more viewers/subscribers, at Carolyn's expense. He and his commenters made me sick.

Carolyn, as usual, handled the criticism beautifully. I loved her response. She started slowly, and it built into something really good. YAY Carolyn. Carolyn is AWESOME. She is HUMAN like the rest of us. Apparently Linescrew1 and his gutterscum commenters think she should be perfect -- whatever that is.

OK rant over  :cool:

AS FOR THE RTR, I went to my first one last January. I was there for 4 nights and 4 days. It was AWESOME. Yes, it was very large (3000+?), but it was peaceful. Those who think they want or need to avoid it should think twice. (Of course some people hope you won't  :p

Next year the location will be different so we'll see how that goes. It's closer to town but apparently a better spot.

I am a solo female vandweller. The first two nights at the RTR I parked in between two solo male vandwellers way out on the southern edge. They couldn't have been nicer (dog people - yay!) When they left, I parked near another solo male vandweller at the Art Camp whom I met at one of the talks. I felt safe the whole time at the RTR, and I don't need a man to feel safe, but just in case it was nice to know they were several hundred yards away seeing as how I was brand new at this at the time.

I saw only a very few jerks. Everyone else was awesome. People were having fun, chatting, my only frustration was there were too many neat people to meet and talk to in a few short days.

To me next year's RTR will be easier because it will be closer to town... you can do stuff you might need or want to do and not miss so much of what goes on. I'll probably volunteer next year. If they let me! :D

DesertRose said:
I saw this thread and immediately thought it was about Linescrew1's YouTube attack on Carolyn last week. YouTube threw it in my feed because I follow Carolyn so I watched it. Then I read a lot of the comments. His commenters are gutter scum with no clue about reality.

Linescrew1 is a jerk, a sensationalist, an opportunist and he's full of crap. I do NOT think he is funny or witty AT ALL. Wasanah if you listened to that video and read the comments I wonder if you would still hold him in high esteem. He was definitely gunning for fame and more viewers/subscribers, at Carolyn's expense. He and his commenters made me sick.

Carolyn, as usual, handled the criticism beautifully. I loved her response. She started slowly, and it built into something really good. YAY Carolyn. Carolyn is AWESOME. She is HUMAN like the rest of us. Apparently Linescrew1 and his gutterscum commenters think she should be perfect -- whatever that is.

OK rant over  :cool:

I stand by what I said.  I think linescrew1 was hilarious.  Did you see his video on the bingo game?  I laughed so hard, I cried.  Really, folks need to lighten up.  He's one guy and he's a comic.  If you don't want to encourage him, stop watching his videos, simple as that. 

So yeah, the person you mention who calls himself linescrew1 is also human--at least he looks like he is on youtube.  His commenters whom you call "gutterscum" are inhuman?  ROTFL

So to be clear... if someone agrees with you they can have an opinion and if they don't agree with you, they are jerks, sensationalists and full of crap?  And the persons who follow or listen to this comic are gutterscum?   I don't think you really meant that.

I'm sorry, I'm laughing so hard.  If linescrew1 ever got wind of this conversation, he'd insist on a catfight in his honor which would be ridiculous and silly and laughable, especially to us.  Seriously, if his humor upsets you or anyone else, just say no to clicking on his videos.  If it upsets you that he gets views because of his style of humor, again, just don't click on his videos to check him out.  

I'm sure if we met we would be good friends.   Glad you had a good time at the RTR.  I'm never going to make it there because I'm an eastern nomad and I like to stay nearer to family if I'm needed.   Perhaps we need an eastern RTR some day.

Wasanah I don't need people to agree with me.

You are free to think he's hilarious.

I am free to think he's an a-hole.

I just don't think people should stoop to the very low level that scores of them did on that video. And that's why I called them gutterscum because scores of those comments were unbelievably low class, and over the top pure unadulterated crap. And what's so silly is that Carolyn is intelligent, fun, creative, helpful, and SUCCESSFUL. That's what all the crap was really about.

Those guttersnipes (yeah, new epithet!) wouldn't have a clue how to do what Carolyn's doing and most of them wouldn't have the courage to drive the freaking Highway of Tears alone, let alone live the way Carolyn lives and WORKS.

He and his followers are people I would never associate with because off the b.s. they spew at wonderful, innocent people. There are too many people who are wonderful I haven't met yet without opening myself to creeps like that. And no I haven't listened to anything else he's done because once was enough for me. Again, there is so much great content on YouTube and elsewhere I don't even have time for that.

Anyway, like Cyndi said upthread, I'm now putting too much stock into what "people" (being nice here) say on the internet.

Maybe we'd be friends. I do like to think that people I spar with online could actually be friends if we met in person. Or at least have a decent conversation. And those we get along with online, we might duke it out in person :D

DesertRose said:
Wasanah I don't need people to agree with me. You are free to think he's hilarious.

[snipped for brevity]

Maybe we'd be friends. I do like to think that people I spar with online could actually be friends if we met in person. Or at least have a decent conversation. And those we get along with online, we might duke it out in person :D

LOL, now that's the spirit. 

You do know that Bob and Carolyn and the Nomadic fanatic and others are public figures, don't you?   At any rate, those who are public figures know that they can be subject to spars from jokesters like linescrew1.   That's why folks who are celebrities and such can't file successful complaints against the tabloids and comedians that make fun of them.  It's because they are public figures.  It's really a rite of passage to be roasted by a comic.  Our public figures have arrived!

Also, I think I've seen photos of them with the linescrew1 dude, and it appears that they are friends.  

I'm an optimist and a great lover of humor.  I think it's awesome that we even have a comic.  Some of his stuff is really great.  Yeah, he hits a few duds from time to time, but for an amateur, I think he's great.  The RV Nomad Bingo really cracked me up.   I think Leader Bob (I say leader because there are other Bobs out there) should ask him to do a 20 minute bit for the RTR, and I think more people would enjoy it in that arena first instead of him on his own making jokes from youtube from afar.  Some of it falls flat (with you especially) because the roastees weren't present.  So the stand up bit roasting would be great, but you know...whenever you are roasted, the roastee always gets the mic for the last word.

hello folks,
ok while i am new to the van world, am not new to the youtube world and i have known about bob for a long while and have recently been exposed to linescrew (opinion withheld)
Bob is a great guy and RTR is a concept that may be outgrowing just one man and his dream. I would not see his vision be destroyed so i make this suggestion that he create a 5013c charity that operates on donations alone, all "board" members are unpaid volunteers, donations are used exclusively for things used at RTR, everyone that can be is a volunteer (sometimes have to pay professionals) and excess funds after RTR are donated to women shelters.

everything would have to be spelled out in the beginning paperwork/bylaws and would have to not be alterable one created.
i would say a 3 person "board" elected/chosen every year or few years (1-4) and with the exception of bob himself none can hold the position again. (keeps down the possibility of corruption)
no big government, just a small group that helps with planning, setup and whatnot needed to keep RTR going strong.

again just a suggestion to keep the spirit of RTR and Bob's vision going long past his ability to do it himself. take it or leave it, i believe this option would work much better than a soulless group doing it for money.

sincerely jim

dragonfiregrill said:
hello folks,
ok while i am new to the van world, am not new to the youtube world and i have known about bob for a long while and have recently been exposed to linescrew (opinion withheld)
Bob is a great guy and RTR is a concept that may be outgrowing just one man and his dream. I would not see his vision be destroyed so i make this suggestion that he create a 5013c charity that operates on donations alone, all "board" members are unpaid volunteers, donations are used exclusively for things used at RTR, everyone that can be is a volunteer (sometimes have to pay professionals) and excess funds after RTR are donated to women shelters.

everything would have to be spelled out in the beginning paperwork/bylaws and would have to not be alterable one created.
i would say a 3 person "board" elected/chosen every year or few years (1-4) and with the exception of bob himself none can hold the position again. (keeps down the possibility of corruption)
no big government, just a small group that helps with planning, setup and whatnot needed to keep RTR going strong.

again just a suggestion to keep the spirit of RTR and Bob's vision going long past his ability to do it himself. take it or leave it, i believe this option would work much better than a soulless group doing it for money.

sincerely jim
Jim,
If you would have been watching Bob's videos you would be up to speed on his plan which does include a 501c3. Go marathon his videos and catch up. 
Maggie

Latest posts