A Wise Crow, and a honeybee

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SternWake said:
'A real local came and told me to Eff off'

HA!!.....no doubt!! That's about as 'REAL' as they get!! :p

we occasionally get Great White scares around here, but I just figure it's the locals trying to scare off the California surfers from dropping in on our waves. :cool:

Most California surfers are too myopic to consider that anywhere besides California has rideable waves in the lower 48.

Its those surfers from NJ you got to worry about. Bunch of scrappy tube hounds

Haha very romantic story. I remember being in the line up once when a girl next to me saw a bee struggling in the water. She let it climb on to her finger, and it stayed there for about 3 seconds before stinging her and flying off to its inevitable death. The pain was so bad for her that she had to go in immediately; her session ruined. We love to tell stories about the good times we had in the lineup, but that moment reminded me of the ugly times also. The near drownings in the impact zone. The brutal side shore winds. The long lulls. I don't mean to be negative, but only to remind everyone that its the hard times that make the good times that much more enjoyable.

I have been thinking about this thread today.  It needed to be brought up again.

I don't recall. I pretty much forgot I wrote this one.

That was great Sternwake. Thanks for the entertaining read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk