A quick intro.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RVrbpride

Reaction score
I live in IL most of my life... for another 3 weeks, then moving to Madison, WI. I'm 60 and only living in my ½ of my 1 bedroom apt anyway. Rent will destroy my Social Security.

I had wrongly entered my first post into the wrong spot; I didn't even see "Newcomer's Corner. I suppose I was more focussed on my Google Earth problems.

————- my original text ——————

I'm unable to get the BLM.kmz and FedLands.kmz overlays for Google Earth to work at all.
I have had all other types of overlays work very well such as NGS Topographical maps.

It'd be awesome for such Google Earth these overlays. Life would be magnitudes easier for everyone.

Could it be due to having a newer version of Google Earth? (Google Earth Pro 7.3.1.4507 (64-bit))

I used "Chit-chat" because I couldn't find a more appropriate location for it.
This is my very first post here.

Forgive me, I was watching... no.. more like non-stop, marathon, visually gorging on your videos, to the point I'd feel like a thief if I didn't, at the very least, buy your book.

[[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for shopping with us. You ordered [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]"How to Live In a Car, Van...". [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]We’ll send a confirmation when your item ships.][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Too bad a panel van doesn't fit in an Amazon box.[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Is hosting using a tent too tacky? Sacrilege? I could use the money. I have a Honda Fit.... and a butt-load of credit bills (feels like a prison).[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]There must be a way. I really don't want to live in an apartment complex and work at Target.[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Embarrassingly, have a BS Elec Eng Tech, I know computer graphics, but baffled how anyone can make money online, pennies at a time.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I'd pick up beer cans up one side of the Rockies and down the other to avoid the work-eat-sleep-work-eat-sleep ad nauseam.[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Age 61, Vet (love the medical coverage, the only positive at the moment), but I digress. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Mr. Wells, thanks for reading my ramblings. Thanks for the new hope.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]————————————
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I really don't want to go to "[font=Arial, sans-serif]work-eat-sleep-[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]work-eat-sleep..." but my lease is up in a few weeks and I'm moving. I'd hate to be stuck for another year. The Honda Fit seems to be a good start. With the whole back flat and the passenger side folded backwards, slid forward, it has tons of room to lie down. [/font][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif]And I have camped/hiked in the past. A backpack (2?) might be the best way to consolidate everything. Small solar cell for the mobile phone so parents don't panic. [/font][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif]This just might work.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][font=Arial, sans-serif]What the hell, life's an adventure...right?[/font][/font]

Welcome! I have been there, marathon-watching videos on this subject. ;) Lots of resources!

Satellite imagery is now standard on the main google maps interface. What does google earth do for you?