A "Murphy" Shower?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woltz said:
b8b964413e8c9d42644845ad989b09b9.jpg

Oh, that makes it a lot easier to understand. I guess you just add a couple of shower curtains and you're set.  How do you suppose that draining arrangement works? It looks like an extremely shallow pan under the shower floor.

Tom

Because this is made for a house I assumed it would need to be edited. Like for me I think that I would lower it a little, put the drain hole on the right or left closer to the wall, and add a plug for when not in use to put into the floor. But when it's folded down it would be against the ground. This would have to be hinged and made pretty though. Also I could be wrong, but I think that the first photo shows the floor looking kind of like \_/ so it might be against the floor already when folded down.

Here's more on that folding shower from a quick google search:

http://www.apartment80.com/folding-shower-from-supiot/

""Supiot, a french based company brought to the world several years ago a shower that has won several awards in various fields. As the name tells us, the Folding Shower allows for space saving once it is folded and the shower is not in use. This type of shower is a must have for places where living space is missing: small apartments, small bathrooms, studios, rooms, or garages.
The Folding Shower is easy to install, even on very light walls, without major work. Folding Shower’s design allows for simplified wiring networks – hot water and cold water are connected behind the back panel. It is available in various sizes and colors or decorations, as many as one’s mind can imagine.
To use the shower, all that you have to do is place the water panel on the ground, with the curtain positioned correctly, and let the water run. Easy and practical as 1, 2, 3. After the operation, the curtain needs a few minutes to drain and then the tray can be closed. An important aspect is the fact that even when closed, the shower is naturally ventilated. In case of prolonged absence Supiot recommends us to leave the shower unfolded.
From now on, remember to fold the shower when you are finished!""

The photo at the above link shows the placement of the drain line....above the floor connected to the pan via a flex pipe........No price...."inquire"

While searching.............how about this one from 1901 :

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/folding-shower-baths/

abnorm said:

While searching.............how about this one from 1901 :

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/folding-shower-baths/

Now that is quite cool! The only downside, compared to the one I'm designing, is that the space above the closed shower cabinet would have to remain empty and unused.  I guess you could stack something on top of it in boxes or whatever.   I also think you would have to leave it fully extended until it dries completely before you could fold it into the box. Otherwise you'd get mold/mildew.

Tom

Woltz said:
.... Also I could be wrong, but I think that the first photo shows the floor looking kind of like \_/ so it might be against the floor already when folded down.

I came to the same conclusion -- that the shower pan is on the floor, even though it doesn't look like it.

Tom