A cabin in the woods

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"...........it is in AR, in the Ozarks."

We stayed with some nomad friends at their new homestead in MOUNTAIN VIEW

About time to head to south Ga for the winter.The property that we bought has a double wide and a single wide trailer on it.We will remodel one of them for a home base.Still some bargains out there if you look hard.We paid $40000 for 19 acres with power,a well and septic and two trailers.This 30 ft camper is seeming smaller every day.

tx2sturgis said:
Oh you just missed Bikes Blues and Bar-B-Que Rally in Fayetteville....

Lots of bikes riding the Pig Trail and other winding roads in that area in September...well, all summer really. 

Have fun! 

:thumbsup:
Yes, I saw them riding all the way on Rt 412, in long lines. Didn't know about the Fayetteville rally.

And Abnorm, I was in Mountain View last month -beautiful town, I stayed overnite in a B&B close to the square.
The 20 mile road to get there is a regular roller coaster though.

I love Arkansas. They don't call it 'The Natural State' for nothing. It is one of the most beautiful states I have ever been at. It takes your breath away.

Sofisintown said:
(I have my next 30 projects set, now) :blush:

And that's just for this year! Congrats and best of luck to you.

I am glad you found a place you enjoy being at, but for me Arkansas isn't one of my favorites. Did you know it's moto used to be "Land of Opportunity" till it wasn't. I left when I graduated college and teachers had their pay cut from $12,000 a year after going on strike because of the low wage! Lol!!! Riding a motorcycle after 6 PM means you are covered in dead bugs. Land is cheap for a reason. We had to cut and burn wood for a week because the power was out due to a freak snow storm and roads were not plowed.

I have a serious love/hate relationship with Arkansas.  My heart wants to spend a lot more time there than my head--depending on the time of year, of course.  Somehow I think Sofie will know how to make the most of it.

tx2sturgis said:
BTW you went from van-dwelling to stick-n-brick?

Bob would not approve.

:p
I have not been van-dwelling full time so far. I travel and camp in the van.
I still have the sticks-n-bricks that I am selling now.
The cabin is for the bad times, when traveling will be curtailed, or if I end up in a shape not fit to travel. And a place to plant my world famous tomatoes :p every spring.

Bob approves, he has himself one acre lot in Northern Arizona, for a case like that.

What world famous tomatoes? Send seeds

Unfortunately critters like to take a bite off them too...
IMG_20210814_174509_01.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210814_174509_01.jpg
    IMG_20210814_174509_01.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Yum. I canned a lot of sauce this year. They look like ummmm. Now I can’t remember the name…. Who took the bite?

Just kidding about the Bob-ster.

:cool:

On my little patch of dirt I have felt pretty secure during the recent events.

The ability to park and watch, or 'shelter in place' is a valuable safety net....congrats on the cabin and the land!

Cammalu said:
Yum. I canned a lot of sauce this year. They look like ummmm. Now I can’t remember the name…. Who took the bite?
They are heirloom, I don't know the name. I bought a heirloom tomato from the store, and I planted a few slices in a tupperware, and then when they sprouted I separated them.
That's what I do every year.
Who took the bite? Some naughty squirrel probably. Waste of a good tomato.