A cabin in the woods

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoot Sofia, that tomato isn’t wasted. Just cut that part off.

Ah, Cammalu, there were so many tomatoes this year, enough for me, the neighbors and the critters too.

I read somewhere that critters don't really care about tomatoes, they bite them for their water content.
Since I put a pan full of water near the plants, they don't bite them much anymore, o it must be true.

Today I sold my house that was in the market for 3 whole days.  I put countless hours of work and lots of $$ in it for the past six years, and it paid off.  My take-off day is January 7th, god willing and the creek not rising.

My cabin is not livable yet, but my van is.
joy.png

Attachments

• joy.png
    joy.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 6
Yay! Good luck with the rest of your adventure.

Sofi, Great news for you. We’ve had a Family cabin in the woods of Perry County for years actually since 1955. Back then it was dirt road and driving through Creeks to get there. Now we have full-time neighbors and Airbnb‘s all over around us. I’d really like a house in the woods but I’ve got my van to park in the woods. 28° here last night thank God for a little heater and blankets. I’m so happy for you Sophie

Thank you guys! I'm plenty excited and a bit scared, but I've been there before, I'm not new to starting over!
:D I hope this works. Again! :)

SO HAPPY for you things are moving forward. That house sale is lit!

Congratulations!! Our home base is in the country surrounded by woods. I looked at your picture and it reminded me of when we bought our 10 acres 20 years ago. Lots of work living in a camper and clearing by hand ? I remember the heat and sweat but the memory is a fond one. I think you will have fun fixing up your homestead. Arkansas is a beautiful state I think you chose well!!

Thank you MrsBR
I hope so too.
I'm too old to cut down the trees by myself , a local guy with a bulldozer and a backhoe did all the clearing, grading and gravel in just two days.
I'm really grateful and it was not too expensive either.

Good for you SoFisintown !  I bet you feel like a million now.  A off grid cabin (internet hooked up is just enough to claim you are on a grid if needed)  and with a livable rig to park beside it.  Best of both worlds. :)

Those tomatoes Cammalu posted look like what my grand folks grew lots of.  "Stump of the World" was the name of them.  Not pretty like the "Better Boy variety "(the main tomato you see in stores)  but are they flavorful.  They put up jar after jar of them each summer as they made the best flavored tomato sauce.  I'll never forget the Tomato Dumplings grandmother made with them. 

There are probably other varieties that look like them too,  but here is a link you could look at for more info:

Stump of the World variety Tomato