89 Winnebago LeSharo

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Anyone here familiar at all? I like the size and the fact that I will likely remove the bathroom and use that closet as the cats travel room. There's one for sale near me for $4500 with 31k miles on it. The guy says he bought it so he and his wife could travel but she died. I'm curious about a 4 cylinder RV. I'm going to have major issues with mountainous roads aren't I? Overheating? Are these easy to fix?<br>

I looked at these for a minute. I think they have a funny fiat or ranault engines. Or maybe it's the Winnebago phazer. I remember the one I looked at had that engine and it was a turn off. They are the predecessor to the Winnie/VW Rialta which are pretty cool but spendy. Anyway I realy like the layout and size of the lesharo I looked at. A four cylinder engine deff would have some pros and cons. If you like the size of the lesharo but iffy on the 4 banger. I know Toyota put a v6 in some of there dolpin and seabreeze models.

Right on! Thanks for the info. I have never even owned a 4 cylinder car. Right now I'm driving an 8 cylinder Durango beast that the girls at my last job lovingly dubbed "Lexington Steele". Lex will be getting sold to help me buy a new full-time home on wheels for myself and the kitties. I'm running out of time and don't want to have to make a last minute vehicle choice because it will be wrong and I will be miserable.<br>

The LeSharo is a great idea, easy to drive, and economical, if you can keep them running. A few forums give the impression the Renault drivetrain isn't reliable, and is expensive to repair. Some company came up with a conversion kit to install the Chrysler minivan engine and transmission that greatly improves reliability and power, at a pretty pricy cost.<br><br>The Riata, on the other hand, is much more reliable, and much more expensive.<br><br>I would love to have one to full time in, but I'm afraid of the reliabilty issue.<br><br>Hope this helps.<br>