2nd inverter

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awjuhl

Reaction score
So when I require low power I have a small 300w inverter. I would like to have that one pass threw a larger inverter. When a spike or I need more energy the larger inverter will "wake up" and supply the needed power and go back to sleep.... any suggestions of an inverter capable of doing that?

Reason is to save on power. The little one draws less then an amp at idle. Vs larger ones consume alot more under the same conditions

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

@Awjuhl

Many inverters have a relay to go to generator or grid power when the battery bank gets low. Instead of a generator or grid, send the signal to a relay that switches input power between inverters. That's generic, and you'll need to shop around, but they're readily available. Perhaps someone will post who has one.

Thanks, I will look into it. Was hopeing for a load sensing system. To ramp up from the small inverter to a larger one. I will keep looking. Seen this done with house off grid style but unsure how that works.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk