22 ammo

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canine

Reaction score
Bought some 22 today in Gainesville Ga.2 box limit at Walmart.Maybe we are seeing the end of the "shortage".

Didn't know there was one, no wonder my buddy was so excited when I have him about 3000 rounds of .22 and 400 of .38 and 357.

Bob Dickerson said:
Bought some 22 today in Gainesville Ga.2 box limit at Walmart.Maybe we are seeing the end of the "shortage".

It only took 8 years to satisfy the preppers.

Shoot, (no pun intended) most of my 22lr is sub-sonic target stuff. Now I see this is available and as with all air rifles and related ammo, it's leagal to carry anywhere in the USA. New Big Bore .45 caliber air rifle that will reach 1000 fps. from AirForce Texan Air Rifle.

To the OP's point, We have a Gander Mt and a Cabalas here that has tons of 22lr, CCI etc. I just picked up 6 - 100 round boxes to break-in my 22/45 Ruger. No limit posted on any of it.

What kind of prices are y'all seeing on .22? Is it back to $2.39 for a Remington green box of 50 (or comparable) in your area?

$9 for a hundred rounds of Win.HP.I didn't really need any,have a couple thousand rounds.I hadn't saw any for sale in so long,I couldn't resist.

Bob Dickerson said:
$9 for a hundred rounds of Win.HP.I didn't really need any,have a couple thousand rounds.I hadn't saw any for sale in so long,I couldn't resist.

I guess the $5 bricks are a thing of the past, like premium at 29.9...    :(

I keep some "notify mes" on MidwayUSA and other vendors. I find them enough to keep a good stock put aside. I also shoot airguns and BP/Cap&Ball to keep my self occupied in cheap shooting.
Local prices are still high, and supplies low. Not much choice.
Handloading cheaper centerfire helps a lot too. .38Special, 7.62X38r and .22 Hornet fill my basic sport shooting needs.

Five dollar bricks are never going to happen again :(

In the Los Angeles area typical price on .22LR is $5.50/Box of 50 about .11 per round

Amazingly several will try to trick you and sell a 500rd box at $89.00 to $100.00. That's .18 per round.

Something to set people off.   :D

Attachments

• revolver.jpg
    revolver.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 21
They banked on the fact that that hammerless revolver had a trigger pull too heavy for young children to pull. Same with my Russian Nagant. No way to "accidentally" pull that revolver's trigger either!
Childhood training is paramount too. I grew up always knowing where Dad kept his loaded .22 revolver, in his unlocked sock drawer. My sister and I never touched it, it never got carried to school, though I dearly loathed a couple bullies. Once I realised I was bigger and stronger than them, I just thumped them. Problem solved, no deaths. :)
Of course, few kids nowadays get the firearm training I got back then. At 12 years old, I had the rifles and shotguns in my room with the ammo in my bedroom closet. Never had an accident, and I kept those guns cleaned and oiled. I took care of my "inheritance". I still have them all decades later.

[quote Now I see this is available and as with all air rifles and related ammo, it's leagal to carry anywhere in the USA. New Big Bore .45 caliber air rifle that will reach 1000 fps. from AirForce Texan Air Rifl
[/quote]

Yes that is the bomb. I have a Condor in .22 and it slings the lead like no other and very accurate <100 yards. plus it is super quiet. No super sonic crack only a muffled poof, then thud on target. :)