2022 Western Wildfires and Air Quality

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abnorm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like a Chimney

We left Oregon because of the choking smoke.............Then more in California...........We arrived about 2:00 pm in Carson City Nevada.......The sky was blue and only the slightest bit of haze.............We stopped for food and auto parts (TX the A/C fan resistors are OUT again) and headed to the campsite................

Within 2 hours we were blanketed in smoke............Blown over the Sierras from the Mosquito Fire............This mornings AQI 275 !

Come-On-Rain.................................

I feel lucky to have escaped all the issues others had had this past summer... being chilly is the only thing up here at 8800'.... RVN_4328sm.JPG

Saw an aerial photo yesterday - Washington, Oregon, California, parts of Idaho and Nevada - are pretty much smoked in. There's even a little smoke here at the beach, near Grayland, Washington. Unfortunately, I have to leave tomorrow to go back inland. Dreading what I'll run into.

Apparently, the Mosquito Fire is about a mile from my daughter's place. The picture her sweetie took as they were evacuating was terrifying.

The winds shifted slightly NE..........We'll be in Pahrump by Oct.......see ya soon

That's quite the view...............What's the new puppy's name..............

The winds shifted slightly NE..........We'll be in Pahrump by Oct.......see ya soon

That's quite the view...............What's the new puppy's name..............

Deb and Jessie headed out today for P... I am sticking it out for about a week... cloudy and cool today... Pup is named Chilli.. ( she came with Cherish, ick... she is not a purse poodle... so kept the Ch... ) and she likes most other dogs and is working on Hank... she gets a bit excited ... she had some kind of not good life prior to he entry into the pound/shelter system....

That view is where I am parked until I leave... Gotta say that I can't imagine a more impressive place to set up camp.

This was sunrise yesterday... (the mountain way out on the left is 75 miles away, Navajo Mountain at 10k asl)
RVN_4387.JPG

Wow Jason, hard to leave a spot like that. I hope the smoke settles everywhere and pahrump is not effected. Is that pirate camp Deb and Jesse?
View out my camper door... well, maybe not. Can’t get pictures to load

Wow Jason, hard to leave a spot like that. I hope the smoke settles everywhere and pahrump is not effected. Is that pirate camp Deb and Jesse?
View out my camper door... well, maybe not. Can’t get pictures to load
It is getting a bit nippy.. :) Yup that is them... they just crossed into NV... :)

Looking at the weather for Pahrump for this coming week it is not going up into the 90s so it is hot but not unbearably so. Too bad if it gets smoky from fires. That is disappointing.

No smoke here by the south entrance to Grand Canyon Park, just the last of the rain from Hurricane Kay as well as some remnants of the monsoon thunderstorms. Of course also a cool, cloudy day from that storm system. Traveling with a woman friend at present. We will be heading to Pahrump area for October.

I will likely drop by and visit Pirate Camp sometime this fall and winter. I have other friends to catch up with as well that I met in Pahrump last October. Plus visits to that terrific French bakery on Basin Road! They make fantastic bread and pastries!!!!