2018 RTR Gratitude Thread

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrayCat

Reaction score
We have been here since last Wednesday morning!
My experience at RTR 2018 has been just wonderful, even better than last year, although the RTR is so much bigger this year.

Let's hear about ALL the good experiences, PLEASE share yours here! 

I am grateful that Bob put on this event although he knew it would get even bigger than last year's and that it would be stressful for him,
just so he can share he knowledge and provide a community for those who need information and support.

I am grateful for all the awesome helpers, Bev, Roxy, Nelda, Jude, Matt and EVERYONE else who volunteers their time to make this such an awesome experience for 
us.

I am grateful for neighbors like Don, Carl, Michelle, Norm and Margaret in our area who have invited us to their fire in the evenings and shared many awesome stories.

I am grateful for Bobbi, who helped me out by picking something up in Phoenix for us today.

I am grateful for the people who are helping Lesa get her car fixed.

I am grateful for all the goodies that people keep mentioning they have found on the free pile, that they needed or have been wanting for a long time.

I am grateful for the beautiful weather during the day and the gorgeous starry nights in the evening.

I am grateful for the awesome women's meeting organised by Suanne.

I am grateful for everyone who has shared their knowledge at the show and tell gatherings or outside of them.

I am grateful for those who greet us with a smile when we walk by and those who say hi or chat with us.

I am grateful for everyone who lets me cuddle with their dogs or kitties. A day without pet her on me is not a good day.

I am grateful for all the folks who came here to find out they are not alone and who found community and support.

I am grateful for all the little side gatherings popping up, Mindfulness Camp, Art Camp, Small Car living, Hammock talk, Stargazing, Friends of Bill......bringing like minded people together.

I am grateful for people cooking for and with each other, sharing meals and helping each other out in many ways.

I am grateful for people taking newbies under their wing and showing them the ropes.

I am grateful for a bunch of strangers teaming up to together to go to Algodones, Baja, Slab City or some other place so they can help each other and hopefully become friends.

I am grateful for the wonderful spirit and the great display of human kindness in this community!!!

:heart: Thank you all!!! :heart:

I am Grateful to StrayCat for the posting of this 2018 RTR Gratitude Thread. What a lovely idea!

I am Grateful for each and every person who has visited my camp and received the gifting of Tarot Card Readings from me. 
I have embraced beautiful connections with many like-minded individuals and this RTR has been a rewarding experience.  

Many Blessings !  :heart: :) :heart:

What a wonderful idea for a thread. ♡
I have known about CRVL and the RTR for about 2 years now, and this was going to be the year I was finally able to attend. I was so excited to meet other nomads and rubbertramps. But things changed and we had to use available resources to complete our build out before the end of season.

Even though I couldn't camp at the RTR with everyone I am so thankful for the event and the tribe and especially for Bob. I cannot wait to meet everyone next year! For all who made it happen this year, and for those that attended and made the event so wonderful this year (and past) a deep thank you. :)

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

I am grateful for many things here but most of all HDR, Timmy, Alex and others in our camp that kept Max walked, me fed and at times made sure I had some time alone. Without this I could not have helped nearly as many as I did. The bottles of 1800 tequila that kept showing up have been appreciated by both me and anyone else around the campfire.

Thank you

A huge thank you to HDR, Timmy, and the rest in camp that kept Max walked, (spoiled him rotten) kept me fed and made sure I had some down time. I could not have helped as many as I did without them.

Huge thanks to Bob and team for organizing a life-changing event!

I joined the Mindful Camp, North of the Music area and had a fabulous time with like-minded, caring folk. A huge shout-out to Steve, AKA mfrancisdwyer, for hosting the Mindful Camp and holding some really beautiful meditations.

We played, we laughed, Steve sang, and many dogs were loved up. Nourishing food, stories and wisdom was shared.

A truly sweet gathering and one that helped this hermit-like introvert engage with the world again.

I'm grateful to Jim, HDR, Almost There, Roxy, the guy who donated a 600 watt pure sine wave inverter to the free tarp and the guy who got it that gave it to me because he realized he wasn't set up to use it in his car, Mr. Wells for putting on such a huge shin dig successfully and anyone else that put up with me and/or was amused and appreciative of my creative ways to offend the entitled. :)

Had a real nice time at the RtR this year. Didn't witness any negativity and the people we met were all really nice and decent people. Looking forward to doing it again and upping my networking skills next year. All around great experience! Thx to all the unseen that helped make it a great time.

RTR was awesome. We were in a tent the whole time and met some great people and had nice fireside chats. Thank you Bob and all the volunteers who made this possible. Also the porta potti's there were the cleanest I have seen anywhere. What a big treat and help for us. 
We didn't know what to expect coming all the way from Massachusetts but this was an experience to be remembered and bringing us one step forward to going full time in a few years.

Projectman said:
We were in a tent the whole time and met some great people and had nice fireside chats.

But how did you get all the people and a fire inside the tent. :s
Just kidding.

Deep, heart-felt THANKS to "Free Agent" [his tee-shirt text] Michael, who strolled by my camper and asked me, on the roof, how I was doing and whether I needed help, then proceeded to spend the next few hours helping me attach my new solar panels properly - and then got his drill to create the passage ways I needed to feed the cables from the roof into the closet, and from there into the bathroom cabinet, and from there into the battery box. Next morning, I completed the job myself. What a great start to the RTR - and it stayed wonderful for the entire two weeks!

Only problem was that I never saw Michael again after we said goodbye in the fading dusk, and it doesn't seem he saw the note I left for him on the board, so I was never able to repay him with a meal or anything. Thank you, Michael. May you be blessed ~

Jean Selene said:
Deep, heart-felt THANKS to "Free Agent" [his tee-shirt text] Michael, who strolled by my camper and asked me, on the roof, how I was doing and whether I needed help, then proceeded to spend the next few hours helping me attach my new solar panels properly - and then got his drill to create the passage ways I needed to feed the cables from the roof into the closet, and from there into the bathroom cabinet, and from there into the battery box.  Next morning, I completed the job myself.  What a great start to the RTR - and it stayed wonderful for the entire two weeks!  

Only problem was that I never saw Michael again after we said goodbye in the fading dusk, and it doesn't seem he saw the note I left for him on the board, so I was never able to repay him with a meal or anything.  Thank you, Michael.  May you be blessed ~
Jean, im sure the Michael you are referring to is my friend. He came back to camp to get the tools the day he was helping you We were camped a bit away from the main group. I will text him and send him this thread.
LilNomad

I want Thank BOB Wells for the Great job he did of hosting an event, that was so big and yet was divided up in small chunks that made it possible to learn. I would also like to thank jim in Denver, HDR, the seminar leaders, the hammock Lady, and all of the attendees who made this a great learning experience for an old man.  Hope to see all of you next Year. Safe travels to all
Dave