2 New Yorkers, 2 Cats, and a Old Rusty Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xroadventure

Reaction score
Hi, we’re Julia & Ellison!

We have always dreamed of living a free and creative lifestyle and we knew Vanlife was the way to do it. When COVID hit, we thought to ourselves, “when will we ever have this much time on our hands again?!” That night, we searched around for hours and then we saw our dream van. That same night we rented a car and headed up to Vermont to go check it out. We put a deposit down and a week later we had done all the proper paperwork and Rosie was officially ours.

We’re so lucky to have friends who live up in Vermont and welcomed us with open arms and hearts into their lives. We stayed with them for 3 months while we converted our van into our Tiny Home on Wheels. At the very end of September we moved all of our stuff, our two cats, Yui & Chazzi, and ourselves into our 50 sq. ft. home.

As 2021 begins, we’re excited to start our adventure. We love hiking, exploring, designing, and photography. We cannot wait to continue living our lifestyle and documenting it all here!

Thank you so much for your support as we live out our dreams.

You can subscribe to our YouTube Channel @ xroadventure

Our Instagram: @xroadventure

Check out our website also! xroadventure .com

Howdy,

Try geocaching while your traveling around, it will be fun.

Good story on the leaving NY.

Happy travels.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Seems like everyone has a YouTube channel now. Other than Bob’s and Kelly and Sophie Doyle none hold my attention (do glance at SUV buildouts.)
This site is more to share information and give and get support rather than promote your channel which at this point really has to have a special angle to stand out.
Anyway, good luck and enjoy life on the road.

welcome

older Falcon camper van for sure

I checked out a video and there are only 3 that I can see LOL
these guys are just out having a darn good time that I can see....best of luck and enjoy life on the road!

Does this sound about right

Mod edit, the above link is a video with the vlogger puppets. i.e., they make fun of vloggers. please include a description with all links. I really had no interest in watching any of that video but it was either that or delete the post.

well, i don't care if they promote their channel or not. plenty others do around here.
welcome to the forum and hope your adventure is a grand one! yes, it definitely pays
to have friends ;)

A ripple effect. Vloggers vlogging about vloggers.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! Good luck on your adventure.

About 15 years ago I had a Falcon 190 but it was the Dodge version.

I like that bright interior in your Ford.

Sunday morning is your best video yet, gave you a thumbs up. I love it that you make grill toast (how I do it). Now I need to get on with my Sunday morning.
-crofter

crofter said:
Welcome to the forum!   -crofter
Thank you so much! Can't wait to get into it more. Semester just started so things have been hectic lately

Patrick said:
Howdy,

Try geocaching while your traveling around, it will be fun.

Good story on the leaving NY.

Happy travels.
We wanted to get into that. Saw a couple videos on youtube about it and it seems really dope. Kinda like Pokemon Go, but real life and your eyes aren't barreled into a phone the whole time lol

landyachtman said:
Welcome to the CRVL forums!  To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. 

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.
Got it! Thanks for the info will definitely follow the guidelines :)

LERCA said:
Seems like everyone has a YouTube channel  now. Other than Bob’s and Kelly and Sophie Doyle none hold my attention (do glance at SUV buildouts.)
This site is more to share information and give and get support rather than promote your channel which at this point really has to have a special angle to stand out.
Anyway, good luck and enjoy life on the road.
Totally agree with you about the youtube thing. We just decided to upload our build because we had family that wanted to see the progress. What we really want to show is more cinematic stuff. eh maybe we'll make it maybe we won't. We started Vanlife for the adventure and not for youtube.

RoamerRV428 said:
welcome

older Falcon camper van for sure

I checked out a video and there are only 3 that I can see LOL
these guys are just out having a darn good time that I can see....best of luck and enjoy life on the road!
Thanks so much! when we saw the van we knew we had to have her. We're from NYC so we never seen a van like that ever! The stuff you see on youtube was so generic(sprinters, transits, rams). All are really cool don't get us wrong but, We wanted a van with personality. When we found the listing we knew she was our van