1998 E-350 Adventure Van build (YouTube vs. forum)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirk Mitchell

Reaction score
Hello all!
I was originally thinking of just linking my http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...ight. Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Here is a rundown of what I have in the Van so far: 
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX -- I am going to use this as a daily driver for work and needed a new stereo, I also wanted to be able to run Google maps on it so I dont have to have a seperate GPS unit. This runs Android Auto so I can use my phone and focus on the road. 
[size=small]PIONEER ND-BC8 Rearview Camera -- I havent installed this yet but itns in the console after I tested it. I am going to pull out some interior stuff and then I will run the wires back to the rear of the van. [/size]
RAYSUN 2 Meter HDMI and USB AUX Extension Panel Flush Mount -- I pulled the cigarette lighter out of the dash and installed this in its place. I just had to dremel the hole out a bit to make it slightly larer and now it looks nice and neat. The USB and HDMI go to the back of the new stereo. I wish I would have gotten the [size=small]Rerii 2 Meters Length USB & 3.5mm AUX Extension Flush Mounthttps://goo.gl/Shn0k3 because I think I would use the AUX input more than the HDMI input. [/size]

Here is a Picture of the Dash if you have the bandwidth to check it out and are curious. 

I have ordered a few things for the electrical system as well, one I have them in hand I will start laying it out. Eventually I want to have the batteries under the van mounted to the rail probably by the spare tire in the rear. These ae on the way but the weather has them delayed a few days. 
Stinger SGP32 200 AMP Battery Relay Isolator and Relay -- If I didn't have this I would drain the main battery for sure!
0 Gauge Flexible wire -- To run back from the main battery to in front of the rear wheel well where the electrical system will be. 
[size=small][font=arial, sans, sans-serif]Blue Sea Systems ST Blade ATO/ATC Fuse Block -- Probably a few more circuits than I need but I need to be organized from the start or it will be ugly. [/size][/font]
[size=small][font=arial, sans, sans-serif][size=small]Pico 5575pt Master Batt Isolator Switch -- For safety and again I am a novice so I will need to shut it off to work on it regularly. [/size][/size][/font]
[size=small][font=arial, sans, sans-serif][size=small]I have had issues with Optima batteries in the past, but I am thinking AGM is the way I wil go since it will probably be in the Van to start with. A user on another forum found this battery and it looks like a Lifeline and has a full 48 month replacement warranty so I am goig to give it a shot unless I get a better suggestion. [/size][/size][/font]
[size=small][font=arial, sans, sans-serif][size=small][size=small]Exide Edge FP-AGM34 Flat Plate AGM Sealed Automotive Battery -- Seems like a good price for the Amp Hours and the reviews are great. [/size][/size][/size][/font]

[size=small][font=arial, sans, sans-serif][size=small][size=small]I also ordered a few items for the Kitchen, My plan is to have it pull out from under the bed out the back. It will be an outdoor cooking setup to save space inside. I am keeping a row of rear seats so I am losing some space even though it is a long wheel base. [/size][/size][/size][/font]
[size=small][font=arial, sans, sans-serif][size=small][size=small][size=small][font=arial, sans, sans-serif]UST FlexWare Sink-Orange -- Really cool collapsible sink that can be used as a tote as well.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/font][/font]
[size=small][font=arial, sans, sans-serif][size=small][size=small][size=small][font=arial, sans, sans-serif][size=small][font=arial, sans, sans-serif]Joseph Joseph 85059 Wash and Drain Dish Tub Plastic Dishpan -- This will be the main sink I don't plan on having a pump and this is sturdy and lightweight. Tons of uses. https://goo.gl/6ft5ET[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/font][/font][/font]
[font=arial, sans, sans-serif]Joseph Joseph Prep and Serve Multi-Function Bowl with Integrated Colander -- Having things that are multi function always saves space, I ordered this for the Van and when my wife saw it she wants one for the house kitchen now. [/font]
[font=arial, sans, sans-serif][size=small][font=arial, sans, sans-serif]Coleman 5 Gallon Water Carrier -- I have used these in the past and had good success with them. I dont want a pump system so I will make a spot to put these under the bed I am thinking. I ordered 3 so 15 gallons total and then we will probably have a few small bottles in the fridge as well so a good amount without taking up too much space. [/font][/font][/size]

[font=arial, sans, sans-serif][size=small][font=arial, sans, sans-serif]I already have a rack for the van that I need to install, I am hoping to do that tomorrow. Then I can figure out how I am going to mount the solar on there. I want it semi stealth so I am hoping I can get a solid panel between the rails. The headlight support came ni today as well so I am hoping there won't be much rain tomorrow and I will get the fender back on and the front put back together as well. [/font][/font][/size]

[font=arial, sans, sans-serif][size=small][font=arial, sans, sans-serif]If all goes really smoothly with this and work I may actually make it down to the RTR......we will see. [/font][/font][/size]

[font=arial, sans, sans-serif][size=small][font=arial, sans, sans-serif]Picture of my seats, I am taking out the factory bench. These recline have integrated belts, and a fire extinguisher holder so they will work well. [/font][/font][/size]

Hi Dirk
I had taken a look at your site and will follow more there, but I currently have s&b broadband. It is good to post details on this thread for those who are mobile users.

I had never seen a tiny "sink" with a drain like that. And it is certainly compact. Since it is so small, it does make me wonder about the need for a drain on the bottom vs just tossing out the water from the sink?? I'm probably missing something about why the drain is useful? Cool design and look.

WriterMs said:
I had never seen a tiny "sink" with a drain like that. And it is certainly compact. Since it is so small, it does make me wonder about the need for a drain on the bottom vs just tossing out the water from the sink??  I'm probably missing something about why the drain is useful?  Cool design and look.
Yeah it is small but I like the drain in the bottom simply for if it is mounted in the slide out kitchen in the back I can set it up to have a hole under it and then put a 5 gallons bucket under it. It would be pretty easy to just pick it up and dump it though. I think it is designed for use in a kitchen sink that is just one big sink to give you a separate area when you want it.

Latest posts