• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500 SOLD!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scubatom

Reaction score
$5800 OBO. 1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500 located in Tucson, AZ. 3.9L V6. Just hit 59,000 miles. Runs great. AC is nice and cold. No rust. Just passed emissions and tags are good for 2 years. 

I bought the van about a month ago to turn into a camper. After I gutted the entire thing and put in the floor, a bed and some storage I realized it wasn’t the right fit for me.

Since I’ve had the fan this is what has been done:

Replaced ECU
Replaced idler arm
Replaced front brakes
Machined front rotors
Front wheel alignment 
Replaced spark plugs, wires, cap&rotor
Replaced oil pressure switch 
New tires

In case anyone asks pretty much everything from the inside is gone. I had no intention of selling the van otherwise I would have kept everything. 

P.S. van prices are all over the place and I had no clue what to ask so no offer is a bad offer.

If you have any questions please let me know. Also it’s not letting me post pictures of the van. If you’d like to see pictures let me know and I’ll send them to you right away.

Hey guys I’m going to have to re-post this. I have no clue why it posted as a jumbled mess with all of those codes in bedded.

let us know please what you eventually get for it

A problem with vehicles of that vintage is the odometers usually only go to tens of thousands and there's no telling how many hundreds of thousands of miles it might actually be. 59k seems very low for a 24 year old vehicle.

OK, I found your Facebook Marketplace ad and saw that it, indeed, has only 059,345 miles. That's rare! With the buildout you've done so far it would make a good beginning for anyone willing and able to finish it.

Thank you so much rvwandering for fixing my post! I posted twice and it did that and couldn’t figure out why.

I assure everyone the vehicle has only 59,000 miles. That’s what is printed on the title. I ran a Carfax on it to make sure as well because I thought at first too that the mileage was too low.

CarFax is not 100% accurate. It's best to take their information with a grain of salt. Highdesertranger

I bought my 98 Dodge Ram van last year with 108,000 miles on it. The problem is when does the low mileage on the older vehicle throw up a red flag because that vehicle was sitting around not being used at all. I’m not an expert but as I understand it sitting around without being used is very hard on a vehicle. So one of you Wise old nomads tell us where the dividing line is between low mileage being a good thing and a bad thing

You guys certainly have a point about taking Carfax with a grain of salt, but it’s not like there’s tons of options out there to figure out if information is incorrect or not. Just because mileage is low on a vehicle doesn’t mean it’s not accurate. This van is hardly the first 24 year old to have low miles.

Whenever someone posts that CarFax said this or that I always point out it's not 100% because some people think it is 100% accurate. Highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
Whenever someone posts that CarFax said this or that I always point out it's not 100% because some people think it is 100% accurate.  Highdesertranger
i get that but i'm amazed at how accurate they are. i sold a car 2 years ago (on CL) and the fellow that bought it said he had a carfax and could see every repair i had done in the last 5 years of that car! i didn't even know my shop was doing that and apparently it's standard practice now at most places...
ps
good luck with sale scubatom!