• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1987 dodge b250 Oregon - Sold

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GypsyDogs

Reaction score
Miles Irving
   MilesCleanVan.jpg
1987 Dodge B250, 318, 2bbl Holley- Conversion van - so, power windows, swivel seats, sliders w/ screens !, insulation, alarm, basement.
HeartOMiles.jpg
Near New tires (good for hwy and gravel road stuff..) Recent carb (+2 extra carb bodies for the bench) Recent paint.
Extras: belts/hoses, manual fuel pump, spark plugs, egr valve & gasket, ignition switch (under dash one, not turn-key), timing light, etc..
MIaIndianSprings.jpgCampOne.jpg
What I've done..
stripped interior.  Plugged bolt holes with MarineTec. New plywood flooring with lino and edging. Maintained table insert funtionality.
Added Fantastic Fan 1250  with proper weather proofing (butyl tape And Eternabond), and rain hood
Bed Frame - (with evap holes) currently half queen e/w can be made into full queen n/s with another piece of ply and a leg (battery box designed to be bed support on one side) frame is crash mounted to van body and allows standard milk crate stowage below.
   BedPlatform.jpg
Window curtains - side curtain rods are fiberglass (light, flexible, and uv/heat resistant) all curtains go with van.  Square windows have snaps and semi-rigid deflappers - roll for easy stowage in pull tabs.
 Foglight upgrade to LED - wired to also serve as Daytime running lights.
lightsAfter.jpg
Interior designed to maximize floor space and storage.
Kitchenette - crash mounted to van.  Folding shelf at side barn doors for in/out cooking. lower shelf fits standard fabric storage cubes and has anti-slide.
cozy.jpg
Solar-  (cherry picked by AMSolar custom for the van) Blue Sky 2500 series Charge controller paired with Blue Sky IPN pro remote. 200 w on the roof, with 8ga mc4 through proper roof gland box (again.. weather), down to controller. Temp sensor, shunt, fuses, bus bar, 2 12v ports (with plenty of room for more) 2 85ah agm batteries.  All but remote in custom battery box (makes a nice seat as well)

BatBox.JPGMIaBattBox.jpg

$6000 with Dometic fridge ( 35 cfx  ) $5500 without

Attachments

• MilesCleanVan.jpg
    MilesCleanVan.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 20
  • BatBox.JPG
    BatBox.JPG
    394 KB · Views: 12
  • BedPlatform.jpg
    BedPlatform.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 16
  • cozy.jpg
    cozy.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 25
  • MIaBattBox.jpg
    MIaBattBox.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 17
  • MIaIndianSprings.jpg
    MIaIndianSprings.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 11
  • lightsAfter.jpg
    lightsAfter.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 8
  • CampOne.jpg
    CampOne.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 12
  • HeartOMiles.jpg
    HeartOMiles.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 14
I know from experience that the Dodge B-vans are a good chassis and the 318 is a fantastic motor (you didn't mention the mileage BTW)

Good luck with the sale

I have the 1983 version. I tow from time to time so I pulled out the 318 and rebuilt a 360 and put that in.

I don't tow- and can't afford changing out the motor on a van I Am Selling...

Thanks VanTramp- I don't bother with mileage because it is the 5 digit odometer.. so no actual way to know.
Les Schwabs says the front end looks really good.. a known weak point.. just maybe ball joints some time in the eventual future..

Haven't seen an updated post on this, but am wondering if the van is still available, or if you would be available to help me convert one.  Find myself in desperate times for housing :)