1977 dodge honey 23 foot

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshuafarmer

Reaction score
hi I think I may have found a rig it in like brand new condition with 90.000 miles on it being sold by original owners they want 4 grand for it I bought the perfect car to pull behind it a 1981 Plymouth horizon with a 4 speed manual 75 thousand miles on it is this too much  for a rig that old in great condition it has rebuilt trans 8 years ago, power steering unit, rear breaks, wheel bearings, gas tank changed from plastic to metal and every thing works. I would appretiate any and all opinions thanks

If it has already had a transmission replaced what was the reason? Could it be the previous owners towed something with it? Could it be that the camper itself is so close to maxiun weight that filling the tanks and household goods put it over? You need to check Gross Vehicle Weight and weigh everything to know, it is easy to forget how much stuff you put in the towed vehicle which brings up the point of having brakes activated by the camper in the towed vehicle. Escapees will have a free day around their gathering in Tucson this winter with trained experts to weigh and advise rigs if anyone is interested.

I am confused(not hard) did you find a motorhome or a car to tow behind it? be careful with some of the old Dodge motorhomes they have no metal frame beyond the rear wheels so there is nowhere to attach a hitch. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
I am confused(not hard)  did you find a motorhome or a car to tow behind it?  be careful with some of the old Dodge motorhomes they have no metal frame beyond the rear wheels so there is nowhere to attach a hitch.  highdesertranger
so yes it does hav a solid frame all the way back and the previous owner did do some towing before he replaced the engine it has no rust was never driven in winters up here in Michigan so I bought it and its awesome as for the tow vehicle I already bought that to its a 1981 Plymouth horizon I just put a clutch in that