Pirate Camp....a build opportunity

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abnorm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a Fulltimer...my van is full of my Tools....I'm tired of sitting around....Time has come to host another Pirate Camp  

Two years ago we hosted "Pirate Camp" at Jamie's Van Build....The Main work site was crowded so we started an alternate site within camp

The "Portfolio":

cargo before.jpgcargo insulation.jpgcargo hardware.jpgcargo after.jpg

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]First week....... a cargo trailer....demo the interior....insulate....and RE-[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]install the original interior[/font]

Bleep work camp.jpgbertha dinette.jpg

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]The BLEEP bus "Bertha" gets a new Dinette[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]And then MermaidLili's brand new Nissan Van.........a week+ long build[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]6.jpg8.jpg13.jpg10.jpg[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Install a Maxair fan...Fir out the space.....Insulate....Install Paneling...and finally hang a Bed...."Happy Camper"[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]And many small jobs like sand and paint a rusted step....install a solenoid......or fix a lock........[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]NEXT POST[/font]

Attachments

• cargo before.jpg
    cargo before.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 38
  • cargo insulation.jpg
    cargo insulation.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 29
  • cargo hardware.jpg
    cargo hardware.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 29
  • cargo after.jpg
    cargo after.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Bleep work camp.jpg
    Bleep work camp.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 26
  • bertha dinette.jpg
    bertha dinette.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 20
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 34
Last year we attended the RAM event in Parhump............and helped some of the Caravanners...Next week is the 2020 RAM event !

I plan to boondock there after the weekend and offer my BUILD services again.......I'm thinking CARPENTRY mostly.......the Home Depot is right there......plenty of BLM land to camp

Right from the start....SAFETY is a prime concern......we'll follow  strict COVID safe guidelines........

So here's the INVITATION: You are invited to camp with us and I'll provide HELP in building out your rig.....simple as that....

You need to PM me to arrange your "project/timeslot".....We'll provide a phone # for TEXT........we communicate with Text messaging

There's NO charge for my services......Of course YOU need to be prepared to purchase the materials........and for all your 'camping'

Not in Parhump ?????.........if it all works as planned....

We'll continue to offer help as we head South and visit all the usual boondocking sites.......N.Arizona......Craggy Wash....Parker.......Quartzsite

You don't need to lose and arm and a leg to join.........Aaarrrrrrr

so where exactly is this happening? really need some help with my new isotemp HWH

boutdone...........Parhump NEVADA...........October 2020

What model HWH....fuel....vehicle.....?

Thanks Doug.........Is this your part-of-the-world ?

I’m based out of Telluride these days. I’ve never made it to a build as the time doesn’t fit in with my schedule, but know lots of folks who love it.

lol...if you want a place to work on a few, you got it here....I can hang a pirate flag...and generators are no problem!

But the weather is closing in now....by the end of 'Octember' its gonna be cold and maybe snowy!

That’s so nice of you guys, wish my van purchase had worked out, I’d be wandering your way.

Thank you Maki..............Hiya Queen.........

Brian....Strange Year..... We'll see you at Winton Station in the Spring

NatureNut......I spent part of this past year EAST hunkered down in Kentucky......60 years ago my family camped in Lancaster PA.......Beautiful Country and People But sorry but we won't return soon.....""The Mountains are Calling""

Abnorm - I understand that quote from John Muir “the mountains are calling and I must go” I would love to spend In the western mountains someday. And the desert. I want to see giant sequoias and the redwoods. But I love my Appalachian mountains with hardwood forests And fragrant eastern hemlocks. I don’t think your western mountains have anything like our beautiful mountain laurel. It’s our state flower and it goes on for acre after acre. Most people don’t realize that Pennsylvania is more forest then developed areas. But it’s too darn cold and I’m heading to Florida. Someday I’m going to get out West and do that RTR thing. The mountains may be calling you but here we have sticky buns and shoofly pie. Eat your heart out. God bless the nomads east west north and south.

Abnorm: Have you ever worked on a foamie? I'm kicking around the idea of building a foamie box on a utility trailer.

How big a box? Having it being light enough you can easily transfer onto the trailer really helps also. Something you can reach the middle of is pretty easy. The trick is to roll up the canvas on a length of PVC pipe with a long length of cord through the pipe. Being able to control how much canvas you let out allows you to do about a foot of surface at a time and keeps the rest out of your way while glueing and stretching the canvas tight. If you can use a paint brush and a roller you can do this. I should be going south this winter if I can be of help and the Virus doesn’t get me. I actually used interior doors instead of foam but foam would be better and prettier as I ended up filling voids with spray foam any way. I probably will have my truck topper or trailer I built with me if you want to see one before building.

bullfrog said:
How big a box? Having it being light enough you can easily transfer onto the trailer really helps also.

6'-6" high on a 77" x 12' single-axle.  Overhang of about 8" or so on the sides and front to set into the trailer like a camper fits into a pickup bed.

Easier to set windows and nicely insulated using 1-1/2" Foamular plus 1x2 inner walls w/paneling.

I'm just wondering how light it would be overall compared to a 6x12SA cargo trailer.

-- PM sent