X-40 Hot Vent Tent Heater

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, considering that the instructions say to keep it 15' from any surface, it would be hard to use in a van.

Also, while it's called a tent heater, it says specifically in the instruction manual that it is not to be used in tents.

I suspect from it's 40,000 BTU rating that it's meant for inside the large carnival/festival tents rather than in personal use space.

Almost There said:
Well, considering that the instructions say to keep it 15' from any surface, it would be hard to use in a van.

Also, while it's called a tent heater, it says specifically in the instruction manual that it is not to be used in tents.

I suspect from it's 40,000 BTU rating that it's meant for inside the large carnival/festival tents rather than in personal use space.

Actually, I suspect it's intended to be used OUTSIDE a largish tent, and feed to hot air in.  It kind of reminds me of those outside wood furnaces that are used to heat houses.  Like these: http://www.crownroyalstoves.com/

I think it works on the same principle.  The furnace is OUTSIDE the structure, and the hot water or hot air is plumbed over to the area to be heated.

And no, I don't see how that could be used in a van.

Regards
John

well they finally have them out again. they had them like 10 years ago but stop selling them for years, some type of design flaw. the are a forced air system, so the unit is outside of your tent or vehicle. it's a very good idea, how well it works is a whole different ballgame. our family was going to buy one for my brother for 3 Christmas's in a row but they were never available I even called Zodie they just said they would reissue once the bugs were work out. kinda forgot about them. I will look into them more, like I said it's a great idea. highdesertranger

40,000 BTUs would only be for a large, un-insulated tent where a lot of heat was needed to replace what was lost.

In a van it would bake you in about 5 minutes.
Bob