Wow, Nevada residency is apparently expensive!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, if you decide you like Nevada even more, you’ll find we have a lower cost of living. There is no sales tax on food, unlike surrounding states. Weed and Hemp growing and partaking are legal although they cost a bit to do. Unemployment is way down and there are tons of jobs available all over the state. Most people are friendly. There are federal lands all over, and places to boondock when you want to be off grid. Of all the states I have been to or lived, this one rates in the top three.

What they are saying is you don't have to actually stay there once you pay the rent...just like renting an apartment doesn't mean you have to actually live there.
Yeah it all seems to be a rip off to me.

The driver’s license said the campground address. That is the physical but DMV also accepts mailing addresses because we are rural. Mail, Messages, and More was perfect as a mailing system. ~$110 a year.

And now that my husband is on SS, he gets other benefits as a NV resident that we would never see as TX, SD, or FL residents.

Thanks for the info! I'd appreciate it if you could provide more clarification...

About the "address" part. You used the campground at first, then the mail service for all further correspondence? Or was your mailing address always the mail service... and the campground just to put a permanent address on the license?

Did you get the impression that they knew what you were doing and basically condoned it?

Do you ever need to go through the routine again with the campground, or is once good forever?

Any trouble with vehicle insurance?

Also, what benefits does your husband get in NV that he wouldn't in the other states?

Thanks for the info! I'd appreciate it if you could provide more clarification...

1. About the "address" part. You used the campground at first, then the mail service for all further correspondence? Or was your mailing address always the mail service... and the campground just to put a permanent address on the license?

2. Did you get the impression that they knew what you were doing and basically condoned it?

3. Do you ever need to go through the routine again with the campground, or is once good forever?

4. Any trouble with vehicle insurance?

5. Also, what benefits does your husband get in NV that he wouldn't in the other states?
1. Our first three or four years, we had the physical address as the campground address. All our correspondence with the DMV, State of Nevada, voting, and mail, was with the mailing address if 1970 Leslie, #2, Pahrump, NV 89069 (that is not completely it, but I remember the Leslie part, and it counted the same as an apartment).

We got the mailing address before we went to the DMV. That way we had the “physical” address of the campground, and the mailing address of Mail, Messages, and More.

2. We got a 1 month rent at the campground. They understood that we were setting up a domicile.

3. When we re-upped our license, we had a physical address (moved to Pahrump permanently!) and so put that address on, but when you re-up, they ask if anything has changed. If nothing has, you are good to go, new pic and new license.

4. No trouble with insurance; we always say we are going way less miles than the average person so ours was always low.

5. Nevada is no state income tax regardless of how you get your money. That means your IRAs, SS, or income from investments are not taxed on the state level. If you have municipal bonds, they are not taxed on the state level. He also gets extra money to spend on over the counter meds. Seniors get discounts at grocery stores, state parks, and federal parks.

What can I say, “West is Best” my quote.

"Seniors get discounts at grocery stores"

Please, would you name some Pahrump area grocery stores that offer senior discounts.

Please, would you name some Pahrump area grocery stores that offer senior discounts.
Walmart is a discount grocery store for the population including seniors :)

Not about Pahrump... I just noticed I got a senior discount at my local grocery in NM. It's apparently a policy, but not advertised... and you probably have to say something. I bought beer that time and had to give my birth date, so maybe that had something to do with it...

With the way inflation is rising senior discounts are a myth now. There's not going to be any reduction in prices for years to come. Meals On Wheels is the only senior discount.

Walmart is a discount grocery store for the population including seniors :)

I figure that Albertson's may offer a secret senior discount, since their prices are higher to begin with.

My point was the original post stated that there were "grocery stores" in Pahrump that offered discounts to seniors, without mentioning the specific stores, which would be useful to know.

I figure that Albertson's may offer a secret senior discount, since their prices are higher to begin with.

My point was the original post stated that there were "grocery stores" in Pahrump that offered discounts to seniors, without mentioning the specific stores, which would be useful to know.
I don't know as I'm just becoming a senior :). Albertson's is depressing. I don't eat as much as I used to :) now that my body is declining but I try to because I can still appreciate flavor and like to keep up with the tradition of crapping everyday.

I'm sure there is a good population of seniors in Pahrump and I will visit Pahrump one of these days and senior discounts is a way of attracting more profits from RV'ers to purchase.

I look forward to meeting the population of seniors in Pahrump in the years to come.

Thank You!