Women's Health

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonflyinthesky

Reaction score
<b>I would like to emphasize something of importance for the women here.&nbsp; Many young women feel invincable and nothing will hurt them. As we get older, as I am, we realize the need to take better care of ourselves but often get bogged down in life taking care of everyone else.<BR></b>&nbsp;<BR><B>This summer I went thru helping a girlfriend&nbsp;with heart problems and then a pace maker. She is 64 years old, and&nbsp;like many of us, had a good job and income then laid off. She did not continue with her yearly gyn check ups, due to no ins.&nbsp; A few months ago she started profuse bleeding and found out she has cervical cancer. I have learned a lot going back and forth to the Dr and hospital with her. Two weeks ago the cancer was removed but she still has cells in nearby tissue so next week we will start with radiation. She wonders if this was from HPV-Human Papaloma Virus. If it is, it was dormant for 18 years since her divorce. We may never know but I did some reading.</B><BR><B></B>&nbsp;<BR><B>HPV is a cause of cervical cancer and now it is linked to heart disease in women. Bottom line is, ladies, get your pap tests and breast checks. The powers that be-can't remember who, are now putting on the radio that pap tests are not needed every year. I don't believe them, cost is at the bottom of everything. I am going to check out Planned Parenthood, I heard they have a sliding scale for uninsured women, I have neglected my own health for to long.</B><br><b></b>&nbsp;<br><FONT color=#ff0000><FONT size=3><b>Ladies, get you gyn exams, we are worth it!</b><BR></FONT></FONT><BR><B><FONT color=#ff00ff size=3>Dragonfly</FONT></B><BR><BR><BR><BR><br>

this is a great topic to pursue from a vandweller perspective! thanks, Dragonfly!