WOMEN ONLY!!! Uninsured Grandma in Idaho, heading for MX

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outermostsoul

Reaction score
I missed both the RTRs because I HAD to be back at work right before the reg one started and had medical appointments during WRTR.  I stayed at Coyote Howls East in the coldest Dec they said they have had in forever in a nylon tent with 2 dogs and loved it.  I didn't last two weeks back at toxic work, I quit, but had to give a miserable 30 days notice.  While in AZ, I went to Algodones for my prescription medication.  It wasn't cheaper, but I got the real thing for the generic price.  The problem is it is an unusual drug so most pharmacias didn't have it and the one that did only had 100 tabs. They can order me a year's supply if I give them a few days notice.  I can stretch my supply to last till mid-September.  Any ladies interested in a run for the border this fall?  The 200 bucks plus to see a doc who may or may not write me a prescription for what I know I need is a worthless gamble. Doc money covers gas and I still pay the same for the medicine.

I'm going to take the liberty of moving your thread to the women only forum and change the title. I think the thread will get a better response

It's getting warm down south. Most people I know are beginning to head north.

Good luck

hi there!  i am just preparing now to leave somewhere around September.  Since K, new assistant to Bob did it 10 days- I am hoping my procrastination won't get in the way-and have plenty of time.  Don't know what kind of rig I'll be in yet.  Been to Tijuana only once and definitely look forward to going again.  So maybe we will join up, who knows!

I am in New Hampshire.  I am also looking for someone to travel alongside with from the east to the west.  not as easy as i thought it would be!!  Keep me posted if you care.  Rhonda

Hey Rhonda,
Sorry so long to get back, my post corporate career was interrupted with a broken leg. Six days after I quit good money I fell at my much lower paying job. Thanks to workman's comp I am covered but my big plans for total trailer remodel on Terratuck is set back. NH is beautiful I visited back in high school with a friend and her family. Please stay in touch, between PT and the projects I am working on summer looks busy.

I recently received a phone call from an old friend who was traveling in Mexico. They had heard about travelers being held up by the drug cartel, but they had never had it happen to them or anyone they knew. They can't say that anymore.

The group of men forced their rig off the road and wanted money. Her husband pulled out his wallet and gave them all the cash he had, a little over $300. They were threatened but not hurt.

Mike had divided their traveling cash into four bundles, and hid three of them in various places. He said they got away cheap.

Be careful. Think ahead

Belgian Pup, it should be noted that the absolute vast majority of us that go to Mexico to get prescription drugs only barely cross the border, like 1 block in to Los Algodones not even driving our vehicles as we just walk across the border. The worst thing that can happen to us heading to Los Algodones is that we drink the WHOLE margarita at lunch and have to try to appear sober for the border guards... :D :rolleyes: 

It should also be noted that there are vast differences between travelling in various parts of Mexico. The Baja pennisula is far safer to travel in than parts of eastern Mexico.

While I agree that everyone needs to be aware, there is no point in repeating third party scary stories (except at Halloween.. :D )

AlmostThere, I don't bother with Political Correctness, so you're wasting your time by trying to use it on me.

Most of the people I know who go to Mexico, GO TO MEXICO PROPER, for exploring or fishing. I'm not going to assume that everyone on this forum tiptoes across the border for a service and dashes back before dusk.

Anyone who thinks the drug cartels will never cause them trouble is foolish.