Woman Power! BMW million milers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonflyinthesky

Reaction score
<P><A href="http://www.lonestarcycle.com/" target=_blank target=_blank>http://www.lonestarcycle.com/</A><BR><BR>This link takes you to info about two rather mature women who crossed the million mile marks together.&nbsp; One woman is 64 years old, the other is 79 years old. I am very impressed.</P>"Both Kellerman and Glaves are experienced long distance endurance riders. Glaves finished the 11-day Iron Butt Rally in 2003. Kellerman completed the biennial 11-day Iron Butt Rally four times."<br>&nbsp;<B><FONT color=#ff00ff>Dragonfly</FONT></B><BR><br>

No bike for me at this point in my life. I just like to see stories about strong females. I find stories like this to be inspirational, maybe some younger women here will see this and realize how capable they to can be. <br>I keep looking longingly at Vespas though.<br><FONT color=#ff00ff><b>Dragonfly</b></FONT><br>

<P>WOW! That is so awesome of them. There are more and more older women riders out there that are&nbsp; enjoying life on&nbsp; a bike. I&nbsp; wouldn't trade mine for any amount of money, it has helped me get thruogh the hard times and sicknesses of my life. People always look at me funny, seeing a 55 yr. old women on a bike, and pulling a camper, I&nbsp; guess they just don't get it. I am going to do everything I ever wanted to do in my life now, cause we just don't know how much LIFE we have left. It's women like these that are my hero's!</P>

Oh thats so cool. I still have my motorcycle&nbsp;licence&nbsp;,just&nbsp;haven't&nbsp;rode in a while. After reading this.&nbsp;Maybe? Thanks for showing that.

Hey Judy:<br><br>I've been thinking about getting&nbsp; a tent trailer, but never ran across anyone who had actually pulled one.<br>Couple of questions---what bike do you ride and what trailer do you recommend?<br><br>

Hey Lampliter, sorry I didn't get back sooner, I din't get the notice about this post. Anyway, I have a 2006 Honda Goldwing Trike 1800. I pull one of those Little Guy teardrop campers with it. It is the most Awesome little camper ever! I never stay in a campground while I am traveling to a certain destination. I do get a campground when I get where I am going though because I need to plug in to shore power. I stay in the truck stops while I am traveling, I can fit my whole rig into a regular parking spot so I can park anywhere. I just pull in and climb into my camper and no one even knows I am in there. They usually don't mind at a truck stop anyway. But the trailer pulls so well you hardly know it's back there. I have gone over the big mountains in Co. with this trailer loaded to the gills for a month long trip and it didn't even get warm. Those goldwings are an awesome piece of equipment though. These campers are not a pop-up though, they are just like the old fashioned teardrops from back when, but if you are thinking about one you will really love it. That and my bike are the best investment I have ever made, would never give up either one till the wheels fall off!

OH - you meant MOTORcycles.<br><br>Haven't owned one since my '79 Honda CBX.&nbsp; These days, we pedal...<br>

I would pedal to if I could find one of those fold-up bikes that were not a thousand dollars lol! I would love to get a rack of some kind put on top of my teardrop so I could carry a bike, I also want to learn how to kyak. (not sure of spelling.). I hate having to drop my trailer at a camp ground just so I can ride around the campground to get to the beach or whatever.