Winter 2021 Longterm

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splizzrinkle

Reaction score
Hi,

I have watched just about all of Bob's vids, was wondering if there is a single place where a person can find all or some of the locations where the 14 day limits don't apply. I'm not talking about LTVA's. I know back in 2017 the BLM started enforcing a new 14 day limit around Tom Wells Rd. Is this still the case today? I am not actually sure if any such locations are still around.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome splizzrinkle! All of the BLM locations in southern Arizona, Nevada, and California with the exception of the long-term areas have a 14 day limit. There are enough of them that it's not much of a problem to move the 25 required miles and camp in a fairly compact area for the entire winter season.

The reason many work or volunteer is to enable staying longer. I've lived several years in a National Recreation Area by doing so.

rvwandering said:
Welcome splizzrinkle! All of the BLM locations in southern Arizona, Nevada, and California with the exception of the long-term areas have a 14 day limit. There are enough of them that it's not much of a problem to move the 25 required miles and camp in a fairly compact area for the entire winter season.

Thanks for the information! Things have changed quite a bit from last time we were out that way.  At one time there were a few BLM and Native Reservation areas where no one bothered with enforcement much. this was back in 2014 and before.

bullfrog said:
The reason many work or volunteer is to enable staying longer. I've lived several years in a National Recreation Area by doing so.

That never crossed my mind ... that is great information!~

Latest posts