Windows

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just got a 2001 Dodge Ram Van to use for climbing adventures. It has no windows in the back, which since I don't really at all care about stealth is not a good thing. 

What going to be the cheapest way of putting some windows in the back? If I rip some out of a conversion van at a pick-you-part type of place could they be re-installed? Would I even be able to get them out of a vehicle?

I mainly care about windows in the back doors, and maybe I would consider a bigger window down one side but can't afford the $350 they want new for even one big window, and would prefer not to spend the $200 for back windows.

Both Johnson Supply and Bontreger's Surplus in White Pigeon, MI have thousands of new surplus RV windows in stock. I bought the windows for my Peterbilt Motorhome conversion at these places for $25-30 each. Google them for more details.

cheapest fastest is to get a pair of rear doors from a salvage van. A hand full of bolts and you have it.