Which van to choose

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yonderbound

Reaction score
Hi, I need some opinions on vans I'm thinking of buying. #1 is 2002 Dodge Sportsmobile 3500 28k miles $28,000 with pop up top.No rust (was supposedly garage kept).extended body. 19'. Concerned about future rusting and paint chipping and being too long. #2 is 2005 pPleasure away Traverse Ford 250 91k miles. $29,000.

Miles worth more than years if no current rust IMO, get #1 checked out.

Both higher than I'd pay, unless 90% of the buildout is exactly what I'd want, and then only maybe. Is that <50% of new price?

Sportsmobiles are highly desirable.  If well cared for and maintained, should hold it'seems resale value extremely well.

Optimistic Paranoid said:
Sportsmobiles are highly desirable.  If well cared for and maintained, should hold it'seems resale value extremely well.

I agree, Sportsmobile if it checks out mechanically. Low mileage. Why are you concerned about future rust.....is it from the north?

Thanks for all the replies. I bought the Traverse. It was smaller and the configuration met my needs more.