Where is the best place to find your vehicle?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deltarat64

Reaction score
So where is the best internet or non digital source to find a good used travel trailer? We are looking for something that two adults and two standard Poodles can live in full time.

I've used Craigslist but I'm sure there has to be other places as well.

well...there's RV Trader ( www.rvtrader.com )

or, I always look in the local newspapers' want ads, and the nickle traders is a great spot too. (most cities have some version of these. I live in a small coastal town, and we have one here.)

check grocery store and laundrymat bulletin boards too.

oh, btw, if you scroll down and look under our own Community Resourses on here, there's a
trading post where you might find or even post an add describing what you're looking for.

Good Luck!! RV shopping is FUN!!!! :D

RVTrader has been my biggest resource since it has the biggest nationwide customer base. Craigslist is pretty big too, but a good 75% are fifth wheels which don't do much people very good with the whole Mobility thing.

Well one look at the title of your post and I was tempted to be a smartass and say, "Where you last parked it!", lol. BUT I won't :angel:. So are you in a hurry to buy, or just putting your toe in to test the waters? If you're just in the planning stages, I would suggest checking out local auctions, if they're available in your area. If you wait till the fall or winter the prices tend to go down a bit, so there's that to consider. Of course there's eBay - yah I know it sounds (and can be) a bit sketchy for big ticket items like this, but if you really do your homework and choose the seller wisely, you're pretty safe, as eBay does have a $50,000 vehicle protection policy, so it can be safer than many Craigslist offerings (seems like there's so many scams on CL these days).

About 10 yrs ago I bought a 12 yr old Ford F-250 and 30' fifth wheel through eBay. Everyone said I was crazy to do it, and I admit I had more than a few doubts, but the communication with the seller was excellent and he had like 20 pictures posted and emailed me copies of the title to peruse as well. Plus I got such a good price through the auction that I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I was in Idaho at the time and the pickup and trailer were in Nebraska. So I flew down, picked it up and it was just as described and a beauty, well cared for by the original owner, and then drove all the way back without a hitch. I dunno, maybe I'm just lucky that way, but I always seem to get really good deals on used vehicles (after learning a few hard lessons early in life :?\).