Where do you fill water tanks when living in the city?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do pretty much the same......I do carry a macerator pump and a 50' hose to dump the black tank in a toilet if I have to!!!

there are alot of references online......I personally use allstays .com.....they list everything from free camping/ dump stations/ walmart you name it....

I would like to add a question to your question.......if you need to go to an RV park to get your water that would mean most likely your in an RV or your towing a trailer......before you take on more water....how do you plan on emptying your waste? if you are taking on water to a holding tank you most likely have waste tanks that meet 125% of your freshwater capability.

a vandweller would normally carry 2 - 7gallon jerry's that are pretty much refillable anywhere just for asking.

I also carry 2 -7 gallon units for bringing water in when its needed......but normally in an rv if you need fresh water you need to dump!!

I use the methods most have mentioned but keep a few things in the rig and a few different ways, 1) A hose connector for a regular sink or shower (then hit the laundromats or public bathrooms late at night) 2) side note, you can still get a screw in connector for a light socket that provides electricity, bunch of places you can use those.