What's the cheapest van insurance I can get in the...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toilfreelife

Reaction score
....Flagstaff or Prescott area? I'm a very good driver and my van is older but in very good shape.  It's registered now in Colorado as a passenger van. 

Trying to make this all happen is truly ridiculous vis-a-vis all the government/insurance complications.    Please help, Rich

With an older van, you only need liability insurance. You can get estimates on-line or phone from every major insurance company. I find my USAA to be the least expensive. But Progressive, Geico, and others will be close in price.

wagoneer said:
I have been looking into Metromile.

anything cheaper than 485 per year, flagstaff area, for 2004 van? Perfect driver, all that...

wagoneer said:
I have been looking into Metromile.

Seems they want a residential addy. I gave them the one on my license, but they rejected it for some reason....Never Mind, refreshed the page and they took it....

Ouch....TransUnion has supplied a score of 612 for you. To qualify for our best rate, your score must be 829 or higher. How the @#$%^& do they expect someone like me to have that kind of score?

Have you tried State Farm Insurance? Don't tell them you live in your vehicle.
If you do live in your vehicle and State Farm won't take you, try Foremost insurance.

Gloriahass said:
Have you tried State Farm Insurance? Don't tell them you live in your vehicle.
If you do live in your vehicle and State Farm won't take you, try Foremost insurance.

I am looking at Progressive. Mainly as for chuckles I did a 12 month policy ona  MH I was looking at. Full year with additionals is about $650 which would be impressive for the goodies I included.

I used to be with State Farm. Yes you're right. My agent had told me "If you live in your vehicle, don't tell me, I don't want to know"

Funny how Geico wouldn't give me a comparison because "You have a PO/PMB and we have to do it over the phone, they said. Progressive gave me one easily

Wanderer said:
I am looking at Progressive. Mainly as for chuckles I did a 12 month policy ona  MH I was looking at. Full year with additionals is about $650 which would be impressive for the goodies I included.

I used to be with State Farm. Yes you're right. My agent had told me "If you live in your vehicle, don't tell me, I don't want to know"

Funny how Geico wouldn't give me a comparison because "You have a PO/PMB and we have to do it over the phone, they said. Progressive gave me one easily
I'm with Progressive through AAA. I am switching to the Flagstaff area also!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I had Farmers for 30 years or so but rates got so high I just couldn't stand it anymore.  I think they were penalizing for my credit score or lack of it.
I switched to Liberty Mutual and they have been pretty easy to get along with.  I told my agent up front I'm living in my TT and plan to travel and he was ok with it.  I've been with them 3 years and only had windshield claim so far but they were good to deal with.