what the forum has done/meant to me

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abnorm said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you said that after I said my post  :p
no clue if it means something or not....but abnorm do ya  know something extra HDR ain't saying?
just wondering cause I get it if this forum had to go for whatever reasons.....but did you just say that to say it or what?
I feel something is 'afoot' in here and not sure but don't know.....so clueless asks all who know a bit more to weigh in and give some insight a bit?? :) For me it would be 'it is what it is' kinda thing, I am used to just living life as it goes down!

agh I really wish this speculation and assuming would stop. that was not the intention of this thread. I merely used the example of the forum going away because I have seen a few other forums just disappear, here one day and gone the next without warning. one of those forums was "49er Mike's" it was a great prospecting forum and overnight without warning it was gone. so I was just using that situation here as an example and what would that mean to everybody. highdesertranger

I don't think this forum is going anywhere as its Alexa Rank is about 367,000.......
Now, this might sound like a really really high number and nowhere near No. 1 BUT!

Considering , globally there are over 1.7 billion sites in the world a rank of 367,000 out of 1.7 billion puts this forum/site around the top 0.2% of all sites in the World.

Bobby boi kinda gotta good thing going here.
Jus sayin...........INTJohn

INTJohn said:
I don't think this forum is going anywhere as its Alexa Rank is about 367,000.......
Now, this might sound like a really really high number and nowhere near No. 1 BUT!

Considering , globally there are over 1.7 billion sites in the world a rank of 367,000 out of 1.7 billion puts this forum/site around the top 0.2% of all sites in the World.

Bobby boi kinda gotta good thing going here.
Jus sayin...........INTJohn

Evidently, so do the rest of us. Just sayin'.

I hadn't weighed in before, but I am now. I started thinking about van life way back when UseNet was a thing, and there was a group called VanDwellers.

Loved hearing the stories. Loved the ingenuity. Still do.

Now that most of the political discussions on the web have turned to isht, this is the only major discussion site I follow daily.

highdesertranger said:
agh I really wish this speculation and assuming would stop.  that was not the intention of this thread.  

I don't know, it turns out that watching people start rumors is good fun!

Focus is on giving . Knowledge, information, locations, get together, community. I hope to meet up with you folks sometime in the near future at an event !

The things I appreciated most when first starting on the forum were the people and their willingness to help. In particular, Solar Power and what brands and how much I’d need. 4 years fulltime with that system, without failure, I can say y’all did good.

I’m pretty much a hermit but did attend 1 RTR, and met a lot of great people.

Big thank you to all concerned and all the best to y’all.

very cool the forum is ok but like ya said HDR things disappear overnight for sure and we wonder :) but so happy this is a feel good and what the forum has given to others.

I love reading all about the hacks people use...that sure has given me new info to try :)

Simply put.  I have never come here looking for an answer and left not having found that answer.

Latest posts