What happened to respect anymore?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calibound

Reaction score
Well I'm sitting in planet fitness parking lot eating dinner and I here a loud thud and look over to see the car parked next to me with their door hitting passenger door of my van. I say hey did you know you hit my door and this early 20's guy says he didnt hit it. Well I get out and go look and sure enough it took off some paint. Mind you I just painted the van less than a year ago. Well anyway he says its just an old van and not to worry about it. Well that got me all riled up. I said it doesnt matter what the vehicle is all that matters is you hit my van and didnt say sorry. Then his girlfriend comes walking up saying my van is a piece of $hit and doesnt matter. By this time I'm ready to explode, but know that won't help and just let it go. What happened to respecting others especially your elders. I see the youth of america going downhill over the past 10 years. Thank God my kids know to show respect.

Hmmmm, that sucks. I have accidentally left marks on an offending vehicle who damaged mine.

Once had some dumbA catch his bumper on my legally parked bike and nearly dumped it. Came out to go home, my bike is turned completely around, about two feet back from where I left it. Big scrape on the concrete from where my kickstand raked it. Boy was I PO'd! Luckily no damage. Also no note, no nuthin'!

Back in my Navy daze, an idiot slammed my car in the side in the parking lot while I was on a two week cruise. Right rear caved in, rear axle bent, undriveable. No note, nada. Had a Camaro rear axle unit - the whole thing wheel to wheel - installed in my Firbird, took the car home and grafted in new sheet metal myself - using an old Kelvinator washing machine.

I really hate morons damaging my vehicles.

I am sorry that you had the misfortune to encounter such rude people. FWIW, I am not sure the youth of today are worse than any previous generations were. There are plenty of rude older people too. That is just my impression though. Maybe I am lucky to mostly encounter hard working, polite, young people?

Twenty-five years ago, I had my '92 E-150 conversion van legally parked in a photography store parking lot in Santa Rosa, CA while I went in for supplies. I left my then-12-year-old son in the van. While I was gone, a couple in their late '60s in a new-ish maroon Caddy pulled in and hit my rear bumper, bending it up, and pushing it into the body of the van. My son was beside himself when I came out and could barely contain himself to tell me what had happened. I thanked him and went to talk to the lady in the car. She vehemently denied that they'd hit my van. Fortunately, paint transfer and damage matching don't lie... and about that time the driver came out, and denied it as well.

I showed him the damage to my van, and he told me he didn't believe it. I showed him the silver paint transfer from my bumper and the damage on his front bumper and told him I'd be happy to have the cops come and give their opinion, and he caved. He gave me his insurance info and I took photos of both vehicles and filed against his insurance. The repair bill was over $2k but they took care of all of it.

And no, kids don't have the market cornered on being disrespectful jerks.

What the world desperately needs is a forum dedicated to pointing out all the bad things in the world--I hope someone here starts one very soon!

Alas, this is the forum dedicated to offering help, hope, and community to those looking for it and those that have it to offer.

So I am very sad to say this thread has to be closed. Maybe one of you can start a forum to discuss the terrible things going on the world? I'm sure lots of people will join, it seems to be a very popular topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.