What do you look for?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would suggest specifying a time limit (in writing), which could be repeated if both parties agree to the rules. Without limitations, you could end up with squatter problems. A visit to an attorney for some advice might be a good idea.

But as time went by, the issues accumulated and then the new 'mandatory rules' that BW required of the hosts became a burden....and remember host locations are normally 100% free to the guests...

As far as forum guests here, ALL of them have been delightful, respectful, and courteous when staying with me, and they are welcome at any time
I'm Kinda new to this site and have questions. We are Boondocker Welcome hosts (near I95 east coast) and travelers (through, to get west of mississippi for true boondocking) and have very much enjoyed that "club".
What are the mandatory rules you speak of? Is there a system on this site to connect with hosts and travlers?

Nice try, but I will not use this platform for that. If you wish to look over the BW rules for hosts, you are welcome to do so on their website. Be aware that some of the rules are not published on the website, but you should receive regular emails from them letting you know what you need to do to keep them happy and keep yourself safe from lawsuits (hopefully).

I opted out. Lets just say, all hosts should be aware that issues can arise.

As far as connections here, there are are some sections of this forum dedicated to the caravans and get togethers.

One of those is here:

https://vanlivingforum.com/threads/pirate-camp-winter-season-2022-23.47005/

I respect your position in the neutral zone. I am simply looking for accurate information. We have successfully hosted some 40 travelers over three years. Of course in that time harvest host took over and the playing field became less about personal exchange and more about money and logistics. all that said travelers are welcome to stay here (TreeOhh9) for a few days and with time and trust may even get assistance with repairs or improvements. Sadly I couldn’t make it to Pahrump this year.

Hosting is a dangerous risk to take for both sides. Sometimes the nicest person backs over your prize tomato plant.

In my personal opinion, as a PAID host I would be careful what I posted here without paying the host of the website. Now we have a free spot for the occasional traveler. Mostly friends. But that is a different website.