What Dangers Do You Worry About?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have traveled for 4 yrs with just the dog and I. I am so excited when traveling days  comes I can't stand it and this year is even more exciting as I have not been out for 1 1/2 yrs. I have always just turned the key and go. I have only 1 time when I stopped at  a truck stop worried about someone bothering me. some one was messing with my tires. so Jammies and all drove off.
  This year as excited as I am  even after all the work I had done I'm hesitant about taking off. I can't put a real feeling to it and it will probably disappear when I get down the road. I am so anxious to come down and meet you all. My age has never stopped me before but as I age I  find myself   being a little more diligent. I have been having so many people saying that my Barth is really old. I told the last man to work on it when he said that I told you what year it was before I brought it in , If you don't want to work on it please say so and we will leave. see you soon

If I let myself worry, my stomach gets upset.

Attachments

• danger.jpg
    danger.jpg
    91.8 KB
I drove through New York on my way to North Carolina last week, and I do have to say, I was worried about transporting my long guns through the state. The fear turned into reality as a couple of cops noticed the guns half-hidden behind my drivers' seat and waited for me to return to my vehicle, after which they searched me and my truck and let me off with a warning. The guns were unloaded and had trigger locks, but under New York law my guns were loaded due to the presence of a few rounds of ammo six feet away.

USExplorer said:
I drove through New York on my way to North Carolina last week, and I do have to say, I was worried about transporting my long guns through the state. The fear turned into reality as a couple of cops noticed the guns half-hidden behind my drivers' seat and waited for me to return to my vehicle, after which they searched me and my truck and let me off with a warning. The guns were unloaded and had trigger locks, but under New York law my guns were loaded due to the presence of a few rounds of ammo six feet away.

Did you not think to google what you needed to know for interstate transport?

18 U.S. Code § 926A - Interstate transportation of firearms

"Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle:
Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console."

How'd you fare in New Jersey?....they will usually ignore the Federal Law and make you jump through hoops before you can get back on the road.

"Half hidden behind my driver's seat..."  IN NEW YORK!!??

Boggles the mind.   :rolleyes:

ryegal said:
I have been having so many people saying that my Barth is really old.

You have a Barth, very cool! What year?

When living in an RV​
Let's say wildlife can be​
So adventurous and quick​
Be quicker or may get sick​
Great idea to carry bear spray​
Keep an eye out for foul play​
A fresh footstep or broken branch​
All animals have smell or stench​
So cleverly use the wind direction​
Remember noise and watch horizon​
Always be aware of your surroundings​