What color is posted on the entry into the main camp?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanKitten

Reaction score
I know there was a list somewhere of what the colors were for each area....
Cannot find it

What color is the sign post for the main camp?

When you pull in the dirt road that leads here, there will be several signs for boomers etc. A ways down on the right, you will first come across the "RTR Music" camp. Just after is the quiet RTR. I forget what color the sign is, but it's pretty clear.

The RTR music is red.
The RTR main is yellow. Stay left to find the "main camp". There's no space left, and if you park further away there's no/little interaction between campers.

I walked the majority of the site today and saw folks visiting with each other all over the place, even in the NW corner where it's most sparse. I'm a good walk from base camp and my little cul-de-sac is very friendly.

frater secessus said:
I walked the majority of the site today and saw folks visiting with each other all over the place, even in the NW corner where it's most sparse.  I'm a good walk from base camp and my little cul-de-sac is very friendly.

I understand you're trying to give your experience. It doesn't align with mine or my wife's. We've been here for three days. We've met many kinds of people. The first woman we met helped us find a parking spot. The second person was a grumpy old man who didn't want to move his van (parked in the middle of the road) because "his tires were as valuable as mine". 

There's a rash of grumpy people here. Another blue minivan honked at me for blocking his path for all of ten seconds while talking to someone. 

Lastly, no one wants to hangout. If you didn't know people before arriving, good luck. Maybe those of us attracted to Bob's videos just aren't meant for meeting each other. Which is a shame. I wish I'd spent my week having fun. Not trying to figure out how to find anyone with anything in common.

TomoMoto said:
Lastly, no one wants to hangout. If you didn't know people before arriving, good luck. Maybe those of us attracted to Bob's videos just aren't meant for meeting each other. Which is a shame. I wish I'd spent my week having fun. Not trying to figure out how to find anyone with anything in common.

How should it be done differently?
Should Bob arrange play-dates?
Walk around, say hi to people. Go to the main fire in the evening. Better yet, go to fires OTHER than the main fire - walk past, say hello, if you receive a friendly response, continue talking. Bring a few beers, offer them to people. Head towards anyone playing music. If they're playing music outside, that pretty much means you're invited. Most everyone I've met here has been by going around to different circles and saying hello.
Like anything in life, it is what you make of it.

Thanks. We'll try the main fire tonight. It's not listed anywhere, but I'll assume it's near the main camp area.

Yes, it's in the main area, near the free pile.

Latest posts