What are you doing today?!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putsin around with odds & ends today……

IMG_2169.jpeg
…..and got the kayak on top of the van. Tweekt a few lil items on my technique of getting it up there and think I have the bugs worked out now after a few practice ups & downs or in aircraft lingo “touch & goes”.

intjohnny

Putsin around with odds & ends today……

View attachment 34419
…..and got the kayak on top of the van. Tweekt a few lil items on my technique of getting it up there and think I have the bugs worked out now after a few practice ups & downs or in aircraft lingo “touch & goes”.

intjohnny
Just so your touch and goes don’t have you looking like your in a bouncy house!

I strapped down my Yeti ice chest to avoid it moving around last summer. I found it difficult to drain the melted ice water so I am working on running a drain tube through the floor. Fall has arrived in Nebraska, only 46 outside so a little brisk.

ITS FOOTBALL SATURDAY!
Crushed Orange; Hoosier Daddy Edition

IMG_2170.jpeg
Florida State squeezing the Syracuse Orange 🍊 looking to make the juice
IMG_2171.png
And Michigan will be teaching Indiana Hoosier Daddy (wtf is a “Hoosier” anyway”?)
Go Noles!
Go Blue!

intjonny

Am in countdown mode for leaving Michigan and heading south.
Monday moved The Box to friends place for winter storage. Had to use his truck as I haven’t put a trailer hitch on the van yet and won’t till I return in Spring.
Today I’ll be giving the van its first oil & filter change. Apparently it’s not needed till 8000- 10,000 miles and it’s at 4200; but I don’t want to change it while down south somewhere. So todays the day.

Also; it’s Hate Week. Yes this Saturday my Michigan Wolverines play at Michigan State Spartans. tmp.gif
You know when Michigan State alums first started hating The University of Michigan?
When they read their rejection letter…….😂

intjonny

Gloomy but pretty morning here today.
I’ve got a similar countdown going Jonny boy… three and a half weeks…
Hope to fill the freezer yet with venison. Good winter eating.
Meanwhile just cleaning up here and organizing everything for my travels…
When I leave I’m basically done here. My son is taking over the place and I’ll be free! Couple people I’ll miss… but I was never good at sitting still.

Attachments

• IMG_1497.jpeg
    IMG_1497.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1499.jpeg
    IMG_1499.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1501.jpeg
    IMG_1501.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
The oil filter location on my Promaster is in a very unorthodox place and changing it is just as unorthodox. I’ve never had a vehicle where the filter is on top of the engine and access with any kind of a standard wrench is well impossible.

Few months back I purchased a 24mm flex head ratchet wrench for when this day would come and yes it worked as advertised. 👍🏼

No pra blee mozz
johnny boi

Minnesota Gopher alum here. I remember when the Gophers won the Rose Bowl in the early sixties when I was in junior high. The church that my family attended had a father-son dinner honoring the Gopher team.

When I worked in the Detroit area, one cubicle had two images on the inside wall, one was a Wolverine helmet, the other was a Spartan helmet.

The Wolverine had "This is your brain", the Spartan had "This is your brain on drugs".

An often seen license plate frame in Michigan said "Oh How I Hate Ohio State".

Michigan Wolverines colors are maize & blue.
MSU Spartans are green & white and they have a statue of a Spartan outside Spartan Stadium. So a few years back some motivated & energetic Michigan Wolverines painted it Maize & Blue
IMG_2173.jpeg
This kind of stuff has been going on forever. Sometimes it’s typical all In rivalry fun college prank stuff but other times, like last year it got violent.
Also, I’m a closet Gopher fan as my mother grew up in Minneapolis and I’ve always rooted for Minnesota Gophers - unless they’re playing Michigan.
intjonny

I tried to move some things from my summer rig at 5K' to my rig in a park in Q yesterday. Forgot to take the keys to open the door. So, some stuff got put in the unlocked side bins and rest came home. I'll try again Friday, and the keys are in my purse now. 30th I'll move the rest that can't freeze (food and liquids) and pets and me to Q, and 31st come back and winterize the rig here and move it to the storage spot. Both are 90's era Class A rigs, and both work just fine. I'm finally going to winter in Q. Only took 6 years to get here.

I found it difficult to drain the melted ice water so I am working on running a drain tube through the floor.
The tube on our old Coleman runs out the back door and behind the bumper. You would think the door seal would pinch it too much, but it doesn't. Once you get it worked out, I think you'll love your self-draining cooler!

It’s Vaccine Day! Yay! Gotta drive into town and get ma shots today. The deer around here are starting to move around a lot so the drive into town will be like driving a gauntlet trying to miss them.

I’m in the middle of one of the highest concentrations of deer anywhere and the roads are littered with dead dear. National Forest land mixed with large farms providing produce to the nearby Gerber Baby Food plant means lotsa deer that literally eat better than most people on the planet. Apples, corn, carrots, beans, squash, alfalfa sprouts, etc. Yep deer around here eat mighty damn fine good.

I’ve hit 9 deer while driving in my life but none for awhile now and I sure don’t want to tag one with my new van.

Drive slow,
johnny boi, drive slow

Open range winter grazing is filling up. Had a bad wreck yesterday morning on HWY 95 out of Hanksville Utah involving a Life Flight, hope they made it. Be careful out there!

ITS FOOTBALL SATIRDAY!

Beaten Blue Devils Edition:
Florida State has never lost to the Duke Blue Devils. Nope, NEVER! 21-0 all time and tho this is the best Duke football team in years they gotta face FSU at Doak in Tallahassee……..
GO NOLES!

The Battle of Leuctra Edition:
Tonight’s Michigan Wolverine victory will shatter once & for all the Michigan State Spartan’s immense influence over the Michigan peninsula, which the Spartans had gained with its victories in the Football Wars of a decade earlier. JJ McCarthy leading the Wolverines at tonight’s battle in Spartan Stadium in East Landfill……..
GO BLUE!

intjonny boi

Woke this morning to frost on the punkin. First frost of the season, 23 October…….

Spent the day loading up the van. I’m outta here 2maro morn sumtyme - whenever I wake and have a kawfee will be hittin the road. Heading to? Idk yet. Sum beech where it’s warm & sunny. 👍🏼

jonnie boi is kokt, lokt, redy 2 rok🤙

ITS FOOTBALL SATURDAY!!

The Michigan Wolverines have a bye today and will resume play next Saturday vs Purdue.

The Florida State Seminoles visit the Wake Forest Demon Deacons. Noon kikoff.
GO NOLES!