What about this one? Van 3

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

She

Reaction score
<span style="color: #ff0000;"><a href="http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/3189550384.html"><span style="color: #ff0000;">Van</span></a>&nbsp;</span>No miles. Nothing about its condition. A little older but to me its cute LOL I like the windows on top. Its not white so I'll paint the top. Price is good, I could get it tomorrow if I wanted .....but wouldn't.

I'd be careful. I've got a funny vibe (appearance) that it hasn't had an easy life.

Me neither but I did email to get more&nbsp;information. If I don't get an answer ...well I'll know then. Im just a wee bit leery because no inside pictures of the van. But I have to at least find out!!

The guy emailed me back...<br /><div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Hi Michelle,</div><div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">&nbsp;</div><div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">The van has 140K. It might need a radiator. I discovered the leak today. I'll get it replaced in the next few days.</div><div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">The engine and transmission are strong. The transmission was rebuilt in 2006. It does eat gas since it has a 351 engine.</div><div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">It gets about 10 miles/gallon around town and about 15 on the highway.</div><div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">My father bought the van in 1990. I've had it since 2000.</div><div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Let me know if you're interested.</div><div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Thanks,</div><div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">&nbsp;</div><div style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Mark</div>

It looks good to me. One thing I know from buying and selling on craigslist is you have to go look at it in person. For some reason things seem to look better in the adds than in person. I have taken pictures of cars that I was selling that the paint was terrible but the picture made it look great. I think the price is reasonable but you can proably get it much cheaper. I dont think he is getting a lot of calls. Not many people in the market for old conversiion vans. I bet you will get 10 to 12 mpg on good days not 15. Make sure he fixes the radiator . I say go look at it and let us know.

Thanks I did email him back and told him I will look at it as soon he replaces the radiator. The pictures make it look bad ...thats what I see. LOL

howardsells2000 said:
For some reason things seem to look better in the adds than in person. I have taken pictures of cars that I was selling that the paint was terrible but the picture made it look great
<br /><span style="font-family: 'comic sans ms', sans-serif;"><strong>That's true, cuz they're small, low-res pics.&nbsp;<br /><br /></strong></span>