wet and needle felted slippers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those look nice and toasty. But why do you want to get them wet. Highdesertranger

Wow! The craftwork, the pattern, the colors — all superb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WanderingRose said:
Gorgeous, Rav!

I crochet for the same reasons, tho no soapy water is required. :)
Thank you, Rose. =)

I am no good at crocheting or knitting, as counting annoys me (actually, it's more that i'm easily distracted and lose count). I very much admire crochet and knit wearables, though!

highdesertranger said:
Those look nice and toasty.  But why do you want to get them wet.  Highdesertranger
They are so toasty. Just in case the question is serious... Wetting wool is one way to make it into felt. It basically goes like this: lay wool fiber in thin layers & alternating directions, get wet with soapy water, tickle, massage, rub, roll, squeeze, twist, throw, beat. Then rinse and let dry.

Good therapy for folks with anger issues :D

sub2rainEN said:
Wow! The craftwork, the pattern, the colors — all superb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you so much!

I buy natural wool and dye it myself on the stovetop -- with kool-aid and/or food coloring. That way I don't need a separate dye pot and can use my regular cookware.

Ah now I see. I did not know that, I guess I never really though of where felt came from. Learn something new everyday. Highdesertranger

K guys.... Enough praise. My poor head is swelling and might explode LOL

The two main things here are that they're incredibly perfect for cold feet, and that I have found a way I can live with to share pics with y'all :)

Very pretty. they look toasty for the toes. I have only done some tiny things and nothing that pretty yet.

If we cross paths down the road, we should stop and have a felt making party! It's nice to make stuff near others making stuff :)

Now you can show us that cool rug you’ve been making Rav.

I'll get a better pic of it next time I take it outside to work on it : )