We're not "Tramps"!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lenny flank said:
Hallelujah, I'm a bum.

:)

I once met the King of the Hobos ( for 2008).  They elect new royalty every year, not sure of the qualifications but I think it's more the inner beauty that comes from years on the road, miles traveled, along with ability to jump onto a train. Keep on Tramping!

On the subject of Littering: There is a true difference between those who throw litter and those who pick it up. Personally, I get some satisfaction from filling an otherwise useless plastic bag with microtrash, thereby keeping the little plastic bits from killing the critters who would eat or wear the little plastic bits. Microtrash can be a daily routine of meditation and care of the earth, like gardening of the natural. 

But ultimately there is no "away." Once something is thrown and becomes microtrash, and you pick it up, it is still part of the "waste stream." I like to burn trash, but then it is reincarnated into air pollution.   ~crofter

Anything with the word "traveler" in it sounds cool.
https://www.poetryintranslation.com/PITBR/Spanish/Machado.php

Traveller, the road is only
your footprint, and no more;
traveller, there’s no road,
the road is your travelling.
Going becomes the road
and if you look back
you will see a path
none can tread again.
Traveller, every track
leaves its wake on the sea…

I admit it, if I saw "Rubber Tramp Rendezvous," without context; I would be expecting to see a lot of people wearing rubber, and might even be disappointed on attending my first RTR. Just saying.