Well, Hey There! I am new here.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildTrappist

Reaction score
Posting as Wild Trappist.

Thank you all so much for going before me and researching everything. Thank you for posting Q&A for me so I can worry about so much less! Thank you all for being a good strong community I can look to for practical advice and answers while I embark on this grand fantastic adventure!

Trap·pist
ˈtrapist/
adjective: Trappist

1. relating to a branch of the Cistercian order of monks founded in 1664 and noted for an austere rule that includes remaining silent for much of the time.

Though I am not ordained nor a Cisterian Monk, I have dedicated the greater portion of my life to service in health care and much of that in silence and contemplation. My "cell" is now on wheels so I can truly say I am wild.

I am the proud owner of a 2002 Chevy Express 15 passenger Van named Joan. (RIP Joan Rivers)

Joan and I are both remodeling.

I travel with a lovely and well behaved dachshund named AngusAngelii.
He loves you already.

I will be Tacoma bound while I remodel Joan and make her travel and weather worthy. Until then I am perched on a lovely hill overlooking a verdant inlet in Puget sound. I hope to come to RTR January 2015!

I am hoping to gut the interior and have her insulated by the end of the month, then begin building the structure for my bed and kitchen and such.

It's all happening...

Alla
~Wild Trappist

Welcome aboard WildTrappist!

There's some beautiful country up in your neck of the woods. I've got some family in the Puyallup area and I try to get up for a visit every couple of years.

This is a very useful site and a generally friendly community of assorted misfits ranging from the full timers like yourself down to the road trippers like me who just like to hit the road periodically. I've found a lot of inspiration for my little road tripper from seeing what others have done to set up their own vehicles.

Best of luck in your travels!

sephson~
Washington is a lovely place in it's entirety. And it is the first state I plan to explore fully in my new home. Catch me if you can when you get this way soon. I look forward to making person to person connections in my new tribe. Thanks for reaching out!
Alla

I doubt I'll be getting up there in the near future, I'm in Southern California and it's a 1,200 mile drive to get up to Washington. That said, I'll try to get in touch the next time I find myself up there.

Hi Wild Trappist! Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you and look forward to seeing you at the RTR.

Welcome, something special about rain never stops amazing me Enjoy your transformation.
Does your order brew beer?

WildTrappist said:
Posting as Wild Trappist.

Thank you all so much for going before me and researching everything. Thank you for posting Q&A for me so I can worry about so much less! Thank you all for being a good strong community I can look to for practical advice and answers while I embark on this grand fantastic adventure!

Trap·pist
ˈtrapist/
adjective: Trappist

1. relating to a branch of the Cistercian order of monks founded in 1664 and noted for an austere rule that includes remaining silent for much of the time.

Though I am not ordained nor a Cisterian Monk, I have dedicated the greater portion of my life to service in health care and much of that in silence and contemplation. My "cell" is now on wheels so I can truly say I am wild.

I am the proud owner of a 2002 Chevy Express 15 passenger Van named Joan. (RIP Joan Rivers)

Joan and I are both remodeling.

I travel with a lovely and well behaved dachshund named AngusAngelii.
He loves you already.

I will be Tacoma bound while I remodel Joan and make her travel and weather worthy. Until then I am perched on a lovely hill overlooking a verdant inlet in Puget sound. I hope to come to RTR January 2015!

I am hoping to gut the interior and have her insulated by the end of the month, then begin building the structure for my bed and kitchen and such.

It's all happening...

Alla
~Wild Trappist
Wow, welcome Wild Trappist and Joan!

WildTrappist said:
sephson~
Washington is a lovely place in it's entirety. And it is the first state I plan to explore fully in my new home. Catch me if you can when you get this way soon. I look forward to making person to person connections in my new tribe. Thanks for reaching out!
Alla
Washington state (I have to be specific, I was in Washington, D. C. for a few years) is very beautiful, when my oldest son was stationed there in the Army, I stayed with him a number of months, and did some traveling, Mt Rainier, the Pacific coast, Seattle. It is beautiful, but the climate is not my ideal, too much rain and overcast weather, I prefer the desert of the south-west, sunny, hot, and dry is my idea of heaven.

I too am going to try and make the RTR, maybe we'll see each other there...

Wait a minute, a woman who wants to live in a van, loves to serve others and rarely talks.......hmmmmmmmmmm.

Will you marry me! ;)

Oh wait, I don't think Judy will let me. Oh well.

We are all very glad you are here!
Bob

Hello Again! Thank you all for your replies.
I do not brew beer however I am accomplished at brewing kombutcha!
I am very much looking forward to warmer climes with less rain. I endeavour to come to RTR this year if I can clean up all of my pre van commitments.
And Bob, Looking forward to joining your tribe with Judy, whatever that looks like! ;).

Latest posts