Water Container Hack

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishman

Reaction score
Hi All: Check out this video to add an electric faucet to your heavy water container. He has included a parts list.

Glad it works for him. The quickest and simplest option for me has been a Dolphin hand pump on a water cooler bottle. I actually have two, one for outside use and another for inside.

Interesting idea. As shown in the video it leaves a lot of room for improvement. Cable management alone would make it look better and could make it even seem like a market ready product.

One modification to the original idea would be to do it all with air and eliminate the electric. Forget the electric components of the build and where he added the hole to run the electric lines out of the can install a Schrader Valve. You could then pressurise the can and opening the valve would be instant water at least until you ran out of pressure.

Another modification would be to set this up to use a kitchen sprayer head or even a shower head for rinsing things off or showering.

I personally couldn't see doing this for drinking water but to each their own. The Dolphin pump is a more practical option for drinking water in my opinion.