Warning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Nutria is more meaty than a cat. Save the swamp, eat a Nutria.

Alfred Packer said humans have more meat on them than scrawny, stringy little cats.

I think I may have got a hairball caught in my throat reading this thread; ... any suggestions on which cat food formulated for hairballs would be best for me to deal with them???

Thirsty Boots Nomad said:
I think I may have got a hairball caught in my throat reading this thread; ... any suggestions on which cat food formulated for hairballs would be best for me to deal with them???

9 lives

Skinned out, a cat looks just like a rabbit, and tastes like Park Pigeon.

I normally use Walmarts online ordering for groceries, saves time and walk. A few weeks ago Krogers sent out a flyer with the cat food I usually buy on sale. I went in and bought 20 cans of Fancy Feast and a loaf of bread. As I was checking out the clerk kept giving sideways glances. I finally realized why. I told her "it's not a bad sandwich if you use enough mustard". She never said a word but watched me to my truck.

Started this thread 4 years ago, last posted on 1 year ago. So---what's your favorite cat food?

Years ago, my buddy Jim (RIP) went to visit his dad in Arkansas. His mom had passed away a few weeks before. Anyway, while visiting his dad, he did a bit of snooping around the kitchen in order to see if he was eating right. All his dad was eating were, according to him, these cans of beef stew from Japan. Turns out his mother did the shopping at a local discount food store and these were super cheap. Everything was in Japanese, but the label had a pic of a hig bowl with veggies and chunks of meat, lookin' rather tasty at that. Turns out it was cat food bought at auction or sumthin'.
Well, they'd been eating this stuff for quite the while and didn't notice any deleterious effects. Granted, they were both getting rather soft in the head, and she did eventually bite the biscuit, but that generally happens with ol' coots regardless of diet. Still, you won't find ME eating cat food. Dog food, on the other hand.. ..Willy.

I tried some dog food once. I could not stop scratching my ear.

owl said:
Inspite of its cost, cat food looks better than it tastes :)

Or smells for that matter...........

Ours Shih Tzu's food is $2 per small can.....damn thing eats better than us.....lol

I like em roasted best, with a liberal application of garlic and pepper.

My grandmother was raised in hard times. At age 70, she was still buying on sale/clearance cat food..but didn't have a cat.?
It took a few years for me to figure out.