wanting to hit the road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darlenegrone

Reaction score
My husband and I are thinking about rving full time.
we are buying our house and both work full time. 
We just want to get away and explore life.... 
any tips would be great.

Get something small and start out with some weekend getaways while you are still working.

This will help you figure out what you want and need, and if you like the lifestyle.

Take steps forward slowly and planfully.

Good luck!

Glad to meetcha, darlenegrone.

It's not clear whether you're considering genuinely abandoning the rat race or not. For instance, are you contemplating selling your house and living out of a small vehicle?

My wife and I are thinking of giving our house to the kids and going nomad. And we need to be careful about getting too enthusiastic and doing something rash. Our plan, for 2019 and hopefully 2020, is to just go tent camping (decently appointed setup) while deciding on and preparing a more substantial living vehicle. We'll probably do it mostly at a local campground. The destination will be less important than the practice.

This might sound as though I'm counselling prudence. But it ain't necessarily so. I say those who really and truly want out of the rat race ought to do it quick. In our case, though, we're just not certain that we want to give up the life we have now. It has it's advantages and we need to ponder the matter.

Get a small camper, and camp in your own backyard, while fixing meals, and sleeping in the camper. This will allow you to practice at home, without paying for campground fees, and being around other people watching your efforts.

Stating out small and upgrading is always a better idea, it will make you appreciate the next step up.

Welcome Darlene to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

your post is unclear for sure :)

buying a house (buying an rv as your new home?)

working full time (as in living in an rv and still working your jobs and staying stationary in that area?)

you want to travel? on the road full time yet buying a house? totally lost in this post HAHA
no clue from your post but I wish you nothing but the best!!

Hi Darlene, Welcome! Don't wait, do it now, adventure awaits!