Wanted: Fruit and Veggie Hammock

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matlock

Reaction score
Where can I find a couple cheap string or cloth type hanging baskets for storing my fruit and veggies?

I usually keep them on a the counter which is ok if I'm parked but when traveling stuff goes on a shelf and by the time I remember it's there I'm smelling them and they go in the trash.

I"ve seen some crochet hammock type things that would work great but I'm not gonna pay that price, any ideas?

Check Goodwill or other thrift shops. That's where I got a collapsible mesh basket that I use.

I have a few mesh/string bags for my fruits and veggies. just make sure they don't bump into walls or anything when driving down the road. They help my apples and potatoes and onions stay unbruised. if the bag is to full and bumping I keep a box/dish pan of kitchen towels under it.

Depending on where you are, there ar3 shops that sell third world country wares at fair prices that go almost directly back to the producer, they have everything from coffee from Peru to drums from Africa I think that would be a good place to look if you can find one, likely in a city. I have one a nylon stringed one with a draw string that I think was made in Thailand even if it looks Mexican.

Random Painted Highway said:
Filet bags-set of two 5.99

There's the winner, Google maps says I will be driving past the IKEA store later in the week.

Thanks everyone for your replies.