Visible Party Pay

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerD

Reaction score
Visible (pre-pay service using verizon) just came out with Visible Party Pay.

You can start a party, which is a group of up to 4 visible users. When 2 users exist in the group, the monthly price of the service is dropped from $40 to $35 for each user. 3 users in the group $30, 4 users $25.

I started a party and I'm looking for 3 other users that plan to keep the service long term to join.

At the same time, I would be fine with closing my party since it's just me in it so far and joining another party, as long as everyone in the party plans to keep the service long term.

I thought $40 per month was a great deal for the service, but $25 is crazy cheap!

I've been using for a little over 2 months and have been averaging 300-350 GB data usage per month.

I have typically been getting around 17 Mbps download speeds during the day and have seen speeds as high as 50 Mbps in the evening. Uploads speeds are typically between 5-9 Mbps/day, have seen as high as 20 Mbps/evening. Obviously, how close you are to a Verizon tower and any congestion will affect how fast the service is.

Visible allows you to use your phone as a hotspot. However, they only allow a single connection to the hotspot. If that's an issue you could use PDAnet app in place of the existing hotspot app on phone or get a cheap router.

I got their cheap $19 ZTE phone ($21 with tax) and it's been working fine. They overnighted the phone and I had it the next day.

When you sign up, you get your first month for $25. So you can get started for as little as $46.

http://visible.com

ur right $25 is better than $40- but be careful you might be taking on some responsibility for the other users!!! i think this party pay is meant mostly for family or close contacts not complete strangers that you may only see once/yr- Personally i think $40 is OK not to deal with some stranger that might disappear overnight!

good luck

Nope, it can be anyone ... complete strangers.

If someone was to leaves the party the price would just go up $5 for everyone still in it. That is why I was asking about anyone that plans on keeping it long term.

Can anyone take advantage of Party Pay?
Yes, Party Pay is available to all active Visible members. Real (or chosen) families, roommates, frenemies, or total strangers just looking for some sweet savings.

How is this different than a family plan?
Each person manages their Visible account and their bill separately. Say goodbye to complicated Venmoing or texts from mom that you're over your data limit. With Visible, you'll get unlimited data.

How do I get the party started?
As an active Visible member, you can create your own party or join an existing one to start saving.

What does billing look like?
Billing is separate for each party member. The amount you each pay is determined by the number of Visible members in the party on your renewal date: 2 = $35/month, 3 = $30/month, 4 = $25/month.

brucedevauxone said:
ur right $25 is better than $40- but be careful you might be taking on some responsibility for the other users!!! i think this party pay is meant mostly for family or close contacts not complete strangers that you may only see once/yr- Personally i think $40 is OK not to deal with some stranger that might disappear overnight!

good luck

looking at the site linked above, there really is no big catch. seperate accounts, seperate billing. just at the end of the month you get billed based on how many in your party at that time. if someone flaked out then your bill goes up the $5 they had been saving you. then you just need to find a replacemnt before the next billing date. kinda gimmiky but hey, $25 for verizon unlimited prepay.

this si sounding pretty good, and $19 for their inhouse android phone. as long as it can hotspot that is all i need as i use a "disconnected" cell phone via wifi for all my purposes anyways via google voice

to the OP, if you have a hard time filling your party. let me know. my desire would be to keep this long term, but my finances are not solid enough to promise that or i would join the party

I'll join. Sorry OP but a direct link like this one is much easier for me to join.

Cool, thanks for joining!

My internet bill is going down!

RogerD is welcome to join.

One space left, join for $25 a month Visible internet!

Nice, $25/month. Thanks for putting that together, accepting me and thanks to the others who joined.

OK, the Vannomad party is full, thanks to those that joined.

Cheap advertising?

I really like Visible internet, and $25 a month is a great price. I have the phone usb tethered to a mini router so I can connect with other devices. Usually I am the only user so I can say it works great for one person, not sure if it works for multiple users.

Anyone can start a Visible party, sign in the the app or website and go to the Party page. Enter a name for your party, copy the link and paste it in this thread or send it to your friends.

MotorVation said:
I haven't figured out what Visible has to gain by doing this but I'm all for a 25.00 a month bill...

it is all about advertising and a little slight of hand

they will get people that join for the $25 a month that would not have at $40 a month. but like most people a few minths down the road one or more might drop out they they get an extra $5 it is a lot like those recurring memberships like amazon prime. once singed up most keep paying out of habit.

not that i am complaining, seriously considering getting started with visible as coverage upgrade addition to my PC's for people hotspot

MotorVation said:
I haven't figured out what Visible has to gain by doing this but I'm all for a 25.00 a month bill...

They had a referral program that they just dropped in place of party pay.

When someone signed up using your referral code, they got $20 off their bill and you got $20 off for referring them. So your next would only be $20 instead of $40.

With party pay, the lowest anyone's bill is $25 instead of $20 with the referral program.

I'm thinking maybe the referral program wasn't as active as they wanted it to be. Maybe more existing users are willing to put the word out about visible (since party pay now exists) as they only need to get 3 other users to sign up and then your bill is only $25 moving on. Wherewith the referral program you needed to keep getting users to sign up to lower your bill.

You're probably right. I checked my account on their site earlier today and sure enough, my next payment is 25 bucks. Ya gotta love it...

The 15 bucks I'm saving is extra fuel I can put in the gas tank or a 20lb propane tank refill.

My next payment is only $5 because I still had a $20 referral credit remaining and $15 off from the party pay.

But moving forward it's only $25 per month now. Which you just can't beat with it being Verizon / unlimited and you can use your phone as a hotspot.

anybody using the cheap r2 phone they offer and using it as a hotspot? does it get a good signal? fair battery life? any other thoughts on it?

Gypsy Freedom said:
anybody using the cheap r2  phone they offer and using it as a hotspot? does it get a good signal? fair battery life? any other thoughts on it?

I have the R2 and haven't had any problems with it. 

Works perfectly fine as a hotspot. I have seen speeds in the evenings as high as 50 Mbps download / 20 Mbps upload. In the day I usually get around 17 Mbps download / 5-9 Mbps upload. Everyone's results are going to vary by how far they are from a tower and the congestion.

No idea on battery life, as I usually have it plugged in. Visible says it will last up to 24 hours.

The only downside that I see is that the battery is wired in. I assume you could rewire a new one in, but I haven't seen a replacement battery specifically for it. Maybe you just have to get a generic one that is the same???