Vandalism at La Posa South - moved from Women Only Forum

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some tiny-member probably wasted idiots out terrorizing. It's sad that people have to experience this sort of thing, but not too surprising either. Some locals are probably pretty annoyed that their "private" publicly funded playgrounds are getting over run with campers. One (but not the main) reason why I like to park "far from the madding crowd"... and be hidden from the road.

Speaking of idiots. Recently I went to Parker for supplies and decided to stay over night to do some exploring of the area the next day. I went to The Bar in Cienega Springs, hoping for a beer and hamburger, but the wait was too long, so I looked for a place to spend the night. The Cienega Springs Rd was near and went inland and appeared to be completely uninhabited. About a mile in there was a fairly huge parking area that was trashy but oddly deserted, so I went as far into that as I could, had some dinner, watched a show, and went to sleep.

About 7am I was greeted by a fusillade of high caliber automatic gun fire, that went on for quite a while and was punctuated buy a frickin' explosion! It was loud as hell (very close) and the echo in the canyon I parked above was quite impressive. None of the shots hit my rig, so no worries. I couldn't make much sense of it, but I was very curious and so went out to investigate. I hiked around but saw, heard, and smelled nothing. Was that all just to scare me or something? Went back, made some coffee, and left. Boys and their guns...
You are much more patient than I am. And more brave. I never would have slept there, lol.

I have some questions about my camper, if you have time. I will pm you here. Thx.

Cowards like these are mostly harmless, but boys deserve a good spanking for breaking someone's window... that's way over the line.

Of course I have to say somethin!
Been thinkin again.
A woman or a less ajial man has a right to sleep and relax the same as me, anywhere and any time, In any way they choose.
Not only are neighbors realy neighbors for material sharing but support in other ways such as security as well, not just word but in deed/action..
Let me just say that I am ex-military and even though I am old, I am not dead yet, nor are those that I travel with.
We are not into each others space while at the same time neighbors none the less. We look out for each other as well as those within our range.
For example, twice in the past ten years, young men have attempted to valdalise and intimidate one of our "group". Ten old men trump two 20 year olds. Details NOT forthcomming,
So--May I suggest that the lady who took the rock/glass cuts keep an eye out for us old guys and stay within sight of at least one of us. Did I say we have radios. Did I say there are always two of us awake. Did I say that none of us ever knew anything about anything! And are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. I am the deaf one, I think the others are hard of hearing. Our favorite word is "Huh?" and "nope"......
When we do get together we talk about whipper snappers and soup. Mostly soup.
My undertstanding is that women would rather be left alone, at least those of the senior varity. I understand that.. Me too. I don't care if my sox don't match. But, men are men, they are ment to work, provide and protect. We are past the work part of our lives. Our kids are off being start out adults and our wives are dead or have dumped us for what ever reason, mine died... so all that is left is to protect the women folk. We can still do that. It gives our life some additional meaning. Makes us feel all puffed and manly and hairy with big feet-- ugh!
so---ladies, we all have spare radioes. We have no need to get up in your space, but it makes us all feel manly to be your neighbor while we share an area.
There are 12 groups like us. We are mostly in the west and mid west, groups of 10 to 20 men. Some with female companions, but mostly just old non discript men. We don't say much and don't do much---- untill--- and then. Huh?, Nope and soup...
Ken