Van Resale Value?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I got my van I looked at the Promaster, the Sprinter and the Transit. I went with the Transit and it was a fairly easy decision. I was able to custom order from Ford to get the van that I wanted built. Color, engine, options, etc..  I considered going with a used Class B and I might have done so under different circumstances.  I went new because this is my daily driver. I still have a job and drive to work. I didn't want anything that looked like an RV from the outside. I also have been enjoying the experience of slowly doing my build while I figure out what I want. The first six months I just camped with just the basics to decide what I thought would be  useful and what was just not necessary. 

As to the discussion of what you want to buy I say go with what you want. You are the one that will be living in it... or staying in it on long trips. But I would suggest checking out all your choices. Drive the Promaster. Drive the Transit. Skip the Sprinter. That thing seems like maintenance hell. Just spend a few minutes on the Sprinter Forum. The Promaster is definitely more affordable. But in the end just go with what you think is right. I did and have zero regrets for buying the Transit. In the end I don't think I'll ever sell it. It will just get passed down to one of my kids after I put a few hundred thousand miles on it.

Latest posts