Van Build Nearly Complete

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schwoebs

Reaction score
20180802_115012.jpg
FB_IMG_1532824634802.jpg

These pics show why I'm so happy my friend Sarah is building out my van home - beautiful and functional.  We decided to run wires outside of insulation/ceiling for ease of access (R14 insulation in ceiling).  Instead of making the plastic conduit purely utilitarian, they are painted to fit in with the overall look/aesthetic.

Also, I'll repeat - pole-wrap is an excellent filler material for odd spaces and angles in a van.  Thin, flexible, and can be stained or painted.

In one week I move into the van and start with a 2 week Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico road trip before returning to Texas.  Close!!

Attachments

• 20180802_115012.jpg
    20180802_115012.jpg
    737.4 KB · Views: 56
  • FB_IMG_1532824634802.jpg
    FB_IMG_1532824634802.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 61
Looks super neat and tidy. In what state are you gals located? Isn't pole wrap similar to pool noodles but used for plumbing and the like? Question - What type of van (year/make/model)?

Schwoebs said:
That's some fine workmanship! I think you should be very comfy in that rig. Jeff

These pics show why I'm so happy my friend Sarah is building out my van home - beautiful and functional.  We decided to run wires outside of insulation/ceiling for ease of access (R14 insulation in ceiling).  Instead of making the plastic conduit purely utilitarian, they are painted to fit in with the overall look/aesthetic.

Also, I'll repeat - pole-wrap is an excellent filler material for odd spaces and angles in a van.  Thin, flexible, and can be stained or painted.

In one week I move into the van and start with a 2 week Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico road trip before returning to Texas.  Close!!

very nice! sleek and clean. have a great adventure :)

Sarah is a woman and general contractor on this van conversion (electrician & mechanic involved for some tasks), plus the handy-est person I know. I am not a woman :)

You can see the pole-wrap best on the high top/van seem under the angle iron. It is used to wrap poles in finished basements, etc. Comes in 8 ft. by 12 or 16 inch sections. Only about 1/8th of an inch thick with wood slats mounted to a flexible backing. Flexibility is great for all the weird angles and planes in a van build. I found it cheaper at Home Depot/Lowe's than on Amazon.

2013 Ford E350 extended passenger van is the base vehicle. Got it a year ago with only 42,000 miles. Has the 5.4L V8.

Plumbing includes 30 gallon fresh water tank, 4 x 5.5 gallon jerry cans for gray water, and electric water pump. Standalone cassette toilet in back with manual water pump and separate flush water tank. The 5 gallon cassette black water tank pulls out one of the rear van doors (no whole in van needed).

Almost done? That is such a good feeling isn't it? And the build looks good, too. I, too, put my wires outside of the walls, but it doesn't look quite as good as that. Good job.