Value of the surplus shuttle seats?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BulldogPI

Reaction score
I'm selling off the surplus shuttlebus seats.  Total seating capacity was 12 plus two handicap locations in the back of the bus.  Probably selling too cheaply but I don't need these seats even if in good shape.  I threw them on Facebook marketplace for 25$ per set of two.  Any thoughts?

In truth I just need them out of here.

It just depends on your location and your luck in finding someone that needs them for whatever purpose.

I'm regularly browsing the Tucson/Sierra Vista craigslist and see seats that stay unsold for quite a while.

Your price is low, so you may have an easier time unloading them.

The real challenge is not to have to pay a dump fee to get rid of them. The Nye County landfill by Pahrump, NV is no charge. The landfill near the town of Quartzsite is no charge.

How many cargo vans are converted to passenger vans?

No buyers, no market.

I have seen van bench seats on porches or in front of a garage. They probably didn't buy them.

Pahrump allows non-residents to dump for free? Didn't have to show a DL?

The first Suburban I bought I took the 3rd seat out immediately, I got extremely tired of it being in the way in storage and finally asked the auto salvage place if they bought them, they said no, they had more than they needed, i asked if i could give it to them, they were OK with that. The next Suburban I got, one of the first stops was the salvage yard to get the da*ned 3rd seat out of my life as soon as possible. I was happy to drive away from it with less annoyance in my life and concern if I was losing money by giving it away.

YMMV, to me just getting something like that out of my hair was worth any perceived loss of money I may have gotten fussing with them trying to sell them. I consider it one of my best investments in vehicles, the gas to go to the salvage yard to get rid of the seats.

If nothing else, Id advertise them as free, but limited time offer.

Latest posts