USPS Informed Delivery

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UptownSport

Reaction score
Post office photographs all mail.
Instead of just the NSA, YOU see what you're getting via email and their website!

That's 'Informed Delivery.' Just go to USPS and sign up.

For instance, today they photoed a post card from the VFW (twice, for some reason) and an ad from local YWCA.

Screenshot-2017-10-16 Informed Delivery.png

Tomorrow will be all those women begging me to come back.

Attachments

• Screenshot-2017-10-16 Informed Delivery.png
    Screenshot-2017-10-16 Informed Delivery.png
    289.6 KB · Views: 44
It's only stuff that gets handled by their automatic equipment, so nothing over 1/4" thick, no junk mail delivered to all postal customers, etc. But still potentially very useful.

I signed up and found it to be useful, but keep in mind that not all the mail images, even first class envelopes, show up in the email or website.

blars said:
It's only stuff that gets handled by their automatic equipment, so nothing over 1/4" thick, no junk mail delivered to all postal customers, etc.  But still potentially very useful.

To quote the USPS: Images are only provided for letter-sized mailpieces that are processed through USPS' automated equipment

And I don't think they image .gov correspondence- Informed delivery showed 'Image Not Available,' then two VA letters showed up.
I guess the NSA already knows what you're getting from their 'brethren'  LoL, but not really.