USB, 12V charge cord storage, any ideas?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matlock

Reaction score
I'm talking about device charging using usb cords, not big battery charging.

I have a bunch and have tried to separate out the dups and it's still a tangled mess and I hate winding them up after charging every other day.
I have tried to replace all the 120V using transformer and ciggy plugs for Laptops, monitor, TV, LED lights, etc.
I've installed USB charge outlets for tablet, jetpack, cell, etc.
Any workable ideas on how to keep the cords separated when stored and still accessible?
Not my stuff but you get the idea...
cords and plugs.jpg

Attachments

• cords and plugs.jpg
    cords and plugs.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 11
I use zip lock baggies to separate out all my cords.

If you are real organized you can even use a sharpie to write on the outside of the bag what the cord is for... :)

i also use ziplock bags, but i've seen nifty storage using paper tubes - one cord per tube, nice and neat. i keep thinking i'm going to try that one day.

like this:
office-hacks21.jpg

(source: http://www.viralnova.com/simple-work-hacks/)

Don't ask me. I think I spend more hours in a week un-tangling cords and cables than I spend in traffic jams.

:dodgy:

Frequently used cords stay strapped to the wall near where they get used. Infrequently used electronics mostly have their own carry bag holding the accessories - my scanner, clippers, etc. I sometimes use those fabric zip bags from Walmart if the item didn't come with its own bag.

Everything else is wrapped in twist ties, preferably two per cord, and stored in a clear plastic shoe box.

Whenever possible I try to avoid bringing extra cords into my life by buying things with standard connectors such as a flashlight that charges via micro USB. The flashlight and two other things use the same type of battery, so I ditched the chargers that came with those other things and just use the flashlight as a charger. Another way to avoid cords is to simply not buy things in the first place whenever possible.

Almost There said:
If you are real organized you can even use a sharpie to write on the outside of the bag what the cord is for... :)

A silver sharpie for writing on cables/adapters has changed my life.