Ultra Touch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liza258

Reaction score
I was researching various insulation and came across someone recommending Ultra Touch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier which is supposedly better than Reflectix in that it also has both heat and sound insulation. I'm not sure what it's R factor.

Has anyone used it? Pros and cons? Does it attract mold? Does it off gas? How many layers should I use to create a very good sound insulation against sound coming from the outside and transmitting sound from inside the van?

Liza258 said:
I was researching various insulation and came across someone recommending Ultra Touch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier which is supposedly better than Reflectix in that it also has both heat and sound insulation. I'm not sure what it's R factor.

Has anyone used it? Pros and cons? Does it attract mold? Does it off gas? How many layers should I use to create a very good sound insulation against sound coming from the outside and transmitting sound from inside the van?

I wanted it to but the cotton sponge effect turned me away to this polyester version. More pricey and I will still have the foam board too. https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Sound-Insulation-Padding-Thermozite/dp/B006LNWE7W